Space...
Question of the day: Why do people run from a good thing?
I mean, we walk around here talking about - all I want to be is happy, then as soon as we are happy we start sabotaging stuff. Do we not believe that we really deserve to be happy? Or is the term "happiness" so foreign that we can't function while under it's spell?
Ok...so, you're seeing someone. You all are having a good time...2-3 hour phone conversations, inside jokes, cooked meals at home, etc. Then all of a sudden...BAM!...the shit hits the fan. The person that you have grown so fond of over the last few weeks or months suddenly does a complete 180 and you're like WTF! Then you sit down and talk about the imagined problem only to discover there is NO PROBLEM. The person is just trying to create some space.
Space? Well, why in God's name do you need space? Space from what? It's not like the person is being hounded. And, when you ask them should you leave them alone, they immediately say NO. Because in actuality they enjoy your company far too much to really enforce this said space. Well, what is this space you are alluding to. All at once thunder rolls and the heavens part. A light shines down on the real reason for this so-called space and miny tantrum that was recently thrown...the person likes you too much. You all started this union going with the flow, but nobody ever thinks the flow is going to feel so good or flow right into a relationship. But, if it does what's the big frigging deal?!
Besides, what makes you think I'm ready for a relationship anyway? Because I'm a woman and we usually want a relationship. True, I am a woman. Not true, that I want a relationship at this particular moment. Don't get me wrong...I have a fantasy that my knight in shining armor is going to come along and wisk me away on his white horse named Snow, but I haven't decided if you're that knight and I'm not even sure if I like horses! So, put the assumptions in your back pocket and continue going with the flow. Remember that song...I think it was by Whodini...it said...if it ain't broke don't fix it, just relax and let it flow, DON'T ROCK THE BOAT!!!!
That's all I'm saying. I like you, you like me...enough said. Let's keep it elementary, my darling...If you like me: check the box yes or no. One day we'll cross that bridge. But, please stop running ahead of me trying to burn the damn bridge down....
I mean, we walk around here talking about - all I want to be is happy, then as soon as we are happy we start sabotaging stuff. Do we not believe that we really deserve to be happy? Or is the term "happiness" so foreign that we can't function while under it's spell?
Ok...so, you're seeing someone. You all are having a good time...2-3 hour phone conversations, inside jokes, cooked meals at home, etc. Then all of a sudden...BAM!...the shit hits the fan. The person that you have grown so fond of over the last few weeks or months suddenly does a complete 180 and you're like WTF! Then you sit down and talk about the imagined problem only to discover there is NO PROBLEM. The person is just trying to create some space.
Space? Well, why in God's name do you need space? Space from what? It's not like the person is being hounded. And, when you ask them should you leave them alone, they immediately say NO. Because in actuality they enjoy your company far too much to really enforce this said space. Well, what is this space you are alluding to. All at once thunder rolls and the heavens part. A light shines down on the real reason for this so-called space and miny tantrum that was recently thrown...the person likes you too much. You all started this union going with the flow, but nobody ever thinks the flow is going to feel so good or flow right into a relationship. But, if it does what's the big frigging deal?!
Besides, what makes you think I'm ready for a relationship anyway? Because I'm a woman and we usually want a relationship. True, I am a woman. Not true, that I want a relationship at this particular moment. Don't get me wrong...I have a fantasy that my knight in shining armor is going to come along and wisk me away on his white horse named Snow, but I haven't decided if you're that knight and I'm not even sure if I like horses! So, put the assumptions in your back pocket and continue going with the flow. Remember that song...I think it was by Whodini...it said...if it ain't broke don't fix it, just relax and let it flow, DON'T ROCK THE BOAT!!!!
That's all I'm saying. I like you, you like me...enough said. Let's keep it elementary, my darling...If you like me: check the box yes or no. One day we'll cross that bridge. But, please stop running ahead of me trying to burn the damn bridge down....

3 Comments:
In my vast experience with looney-tune men, Jekyll and Hyde usually means: 1.excessive drug use, 2.severe personality order or 3.another woman, or man (Those 'Down Low' MFers pick fights with their women so they can go meet up with their "special friends"...or so I've heard...)
Grown men usually tell/show you they like you and stick around so you can like them back. Then again, this IS Boston so maybe that sh*t is par for the course up here...?
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
You like it!
Post a Comment
<< Home