Saturday, September 10, 2005

What just happened?!

That was the recurring theme of my Friday...

First, this guy that I'm dating completely flipped out on me causing me to ask...What just happened?! He crossed a line that is drawn in the sand of every relationship...flirting with the significant other's friend. I have red shirted niggas for less! He says he was just playing and being friendly. That's cool, but I don't play like that. True it was over email and true she is in another state and true she is getting married in 4 weeks, but none of that matters. I'm not insecure, nor do I believe that someone I call my friend would entertain the idea of hooking up with my guy, but there are somethings I'm not standing for and this is one of them. It's all about boundries and I feel like they were crossed. Let's put it like this...when I told her that he and I were dating she was shocked because of the obvoius flirtation that was going on. Like I told him, the conversation that was taking place over email raised a red flag in my mind and it made me uncomfortable. There are somethings you just don't do. We are adults, so by now we should be able to control our impulses and use better judgement when doing or saying things. When i mentioned it I expected an apology, some understanding...oh, my bad it wasn't like that or something. What I got was...I'm sorry you feel that way. WTF!!! What kind of sorry ass apology is that? Do men really think that works? To add insult to injury he had the nerve to tell me that he was through with the conversation, he didn't feel like arguing and this is silly. (((rolling my eyes))) Now, if I was 16 instead of 26 I might have fell for that line of bullshit. But, because game recognizes game I knew he was trying to pull the classic role reversal. You know what I'm talking about...when men try to flip the script and make you seem, feel, or think you're crazy so that you'll just drop it. Been there, done that...try a new trick! So, my response to his obvious smoke screen was to tell him that my prescription eyeglasses turn into night goggles, so I can see straight through his bullshit. So, is that how you end a conversation? Him: NO. So, when 2 adults discuss something that's arguing? Him: NO. So, me telling you that something you've done has offended me and made me uncomfortable is silly? Him: NO. Well you have a good evening, then. I hung up the phone thinking...What just happened?!

Next, I decide not to let one monkey stop my show. I meet up with some friends for drinks and dinner. I had a good time. That ended at about 11:30 and some of us wanted to keep the party going. So, we leave there and meet-up with some more friends at Cosmopolitan. We get there and it really doesn't look like anyone is there, so we all decide to walk to Sanctuary to have a drink and give Cosmopolitian time to fill up. Let me start byt saying that Sanctuary is a white club. When we walk in Sanctuary my boy Greg says the first round is on me. WORD! Ok, let me run to the ladies room real quick. I get back to the bar and I see my drink. Anyone that knows me knows that I drink Grey Goose with a SPLASH of pineapple juice. I see this yellow drink on the bar and I'm ready to send it back. So, I tell the bartender...this white chick...that I need my drink made over. So, she's questioning me about why and I tell her that its too much juice...end of story. Well, she starts giving me a hard time and huffing and puffing. So, I'm ready to speak to the manager because I don't need this. Greg is over to the side schmoozing with the bitch like she's in the right. So, she does make my drink over and what happens, Greg knocks it out of my hand...WTF! Can a sister wet her whistle or what. So, now I'm just like I don't want a damn drink. Greg tells her to make me another one...the bitch brings me another yellow drink trying be funny obviously. I slide it back at her ass and it knocks over...okay...I kind of pushed it. Do you know that she called security and told them I threw a drink at her!!! If I threw a drink at her she would be wet and would have had to leave for the day because I would have tried to burn her eyes out with pineapple juice...hell that was the only thing in the damn glass anyway! So, when I tell them what happened all the bouncers are agreeing and seeing my point of view, but that's not good enough. I want a new drink and an apology. One bouncer tells me that I can go downstairs and get a new drink, but she's not going to apologize...okay...go get the manager. Somebody is going to apologize because this is unacceptable. Do you know they had the nerve to send the black bouncer over to tell me to leave? LOL!!! I told his azz that I wasn't going anywhere. I have a right to good service seeing as though my money is paying his salary and that it was a shame that the token nigga had to come over and do the dirty work. If anyone should be reprimanded for what happened it would need to be her and if I had to leave she was to. Now, I know that she isn't leaving...she's at work. My point was to raise enough hell to where they were going to have to get the manager and rectify the situation or they were going to have to call the police and then I was pressing charges on the bitch behind the bar and anyone of them fools that touched me because I wasn't doing anything. I know enough people that are connected to where it wouldn't have ended there. He saw I wasn't leaving and the started towards the bar towards her. This is when I really got pissed. All the guys I was with were trying to pull me out the club talking about let's just go. WTF? Saying you know how these white people are, you know Sanctuary is racist. No, I don't know how white people are because I demand respect and more often than not I get it. I'm pissed because they were okay with the treatment. Living in Boston is like living in a sophisticated version of the south. Not going back to places that are racist isn't enough. Hell, they don't want us there anyway. You have to force change. Demand change or change will never come. Well, Greg and Adrian stayed behind and from what they tell me the manager did come and apologize and gave them their money back. I should have been the one apologized to, but I wasn't because these punk ass Bostonians carried me out the club kicking and screaming. Got me standing outside looking around thinking...what just happened?

So, we go back to Cosmopolitian and I'm fuming. I got this aura like I will cut you if you say the wrong thing. I just walked in the club and left the guy at the front calling after me. I wish I would pay. You better hope you don't catch the backlash from the bullshit I just had to endure. Cosmo was cool....finally some people with some color. I'm on the dance floor, doing what I do and feel someone push me. I don't say anything because I'm like maybe I'm about to bump into someone and they are using their hands to kind of hold me at bay. So, I'm steady dancing and I feel it again. I still don't say anything. So, the chick does it again. I turn around and there is like a foot inbetween us. I am no where near bumping into her. She's standing there trying be cute with her girls. I look her dead in the eye and tell her ass not to put her hands on me again. I waited a second to see if she was going to get froggish she didn't, so I continued to dance. I'm not a shyt starter, but I don't take no shyt either. If I would have turned around and I was really almost touching her I would have apologized and moved. But, I wasn't. This is a club. If you want 3 feet of space all around you take your ass home. Not to mention, you are side lining the dance floor, so if anything you're in my way because I'm dancing. I swear these chicks kill me. Always trying a sister. I guess because I'm short, light-skinned, petite, well kept and attractive they think they can say or do some shit and I'm going to be cool about it. Think again. Plus, I was pissed anyway from Sanctuary!!! When I looked again, her and her friends had moved altogether...LOL!


Then, there was this other dude in the club that I was suppose to be talking to. I'll call him Puerto Rico. Well, we have been friends for a year and during the time I was with someone who as since moved to LA. I'll call him Oakland because that's where he is from. I'll mention him sooner or later in my blogging life time...I digress. So, when I seen Puerto Rico at a cook-out he decided to let me know how felt..cool. He's cute, educated, well-versed, funny, not to mention a friend or associate so I know how he really is. So, we start talking periodically over the phone. Then I went to Chicago for the holiday and he went to the Vineyard and we checked each other when the holiday was over. So, last night I see him and give him a hug and he was kind of standoffish. So, I ask him is he here with someone or something and he says no, but he was acting funny. Then he watches me the whole night. I ignored his ass for the rest of the night. And, plan on doing that forever. I know it seems harsh, but I don't have time to waste pondering the idiotic behaviour of men. You give me the cold shoulder when I see you out...you won't get that chance again...demoted back down to associate status...it's that simple.

After that we all went over to Chau Chow City. That was my first time going there and the food was pretty good. I woke up this morning with a hang over...I still feel all BLAH!

Tonight, I'm going out again and I can't wait to see what happens. I'm wearing my invisible shield that bounces bullshit right off me...brush my shoulders off.

So, I hope I have provided some good commentary about last night. To those of you that keep telling me to get to blogging...I'm back...LOL!

6 Comments:

Blogger POPS said...

back with a vengeance i see. i love ya, ma, but damn you can get on some gulliness in a heart-beat. at least you didn't have to start swinign on a bamma though. and you may want to turn on the comment verification to limit the spam comments.

September 10, 2005 8:58 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

LOL!!! Thanks...I'm about to cut it on right now!

September 12, 2005 8:02 AM  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

I hope you didn't copyright the "You give me the cold shoulder when I see you out...you won't get that chance again...demoted back down to associate status...it's that simple." line.

I just might have to use that on a female in the future. I'll give you proper credit though.

Sorry you had a bad night on the town...I've had my share in MY CITY but overall I never revisted a place the gave me bad service or made me feel uncomfortable. It also helped (I guess) that people knew I was a reporter at the Boston Globe!

September 12, 2005 10:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are hilarious. I cannot believe that someone can find so much negative occurences in one night. I would have jumped over that bar and gave that bartender a piece of my mind. Out of all places, Sanctuary, it's not even the jump off.

I wouldn't talk to that guy again. If he dismissed you like that and couldn't realize what he did was wrong and all he could say to shut you up was "NO".
Later Dude

Yup, there are some stupid girls in the Beantown that will try and test you. If you come to a club, you might get bumped or stomped on, but if you get shoved, she wants a piece of you.

Hopefully you don't have to go through that again.

September 13, 2005 2:08 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

We had a long talk and he apologized. I hope I don't have to deal with that crap again either...or else I'm going to have to get bout it, bout it like my boy Greg...LOL!

September 13, 2005 2:15 PM  
Blogger POPS said...

oh damn...then we'd have a felony shimmyer on our hands...

September 13, 2005 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com