I'm Back...Again!
Whew! I swear traveling across country is for the birds! I caught a red-eye back to Boston Saturday night just so I could have the entire Sunday to myself. I didn't do anything Sunday, but lay on my sofa and watch Lifetime, my guilty pleasure.
I miss San Diego already!
The weather was beautiful and the sun was was shining so brightly. The conference went very well. This was my first year in attendance, so I didn't know what to expect. All everyone kept telling me was that I was going to find my husband. NOT! From what I'm told, attendance was down this year from last year. One can only speculate that the disaster in New Orleans and the change of venu is the reason for this. I'm told that a lot of people had a hard time changing their flights and hotels around. Oh Well! I wasn't on the husband prowl anyway. I did make some good contacts for law school, though.
Common performed on Thursday at the Diageo party. From what I hear the party was off the chain. Unfortunately, I didn't make it. During the conference that day I took a Theraflu strip. I figured that since it was just a strip it couldn't be that powerful. WRONG! After the conference my co-workers and I went to dinner and had a few drinks. Then, we attended our company's hospitality suite, where we had a few more glasses of wine. Then we went to the Target hospitatilty suite, which was actually a party. I'll talk about that more later. So, anyway...during all of this I'm feeling unusually tired and woozy. So, we get back to the hotel to change and meet up with some more people and I couldn't move. I could not get up and go out. Anyone that knows me, knows that I had to be in pretty bad shape to miss a party, let alone COMMON for $5!!! Oh, well maybe next time. Please belive that when Dora came stumbling in that night she rubbed it in my face. Not only was the party $5...the drinks were free!!! WTF!!! Damn...I got's to be more careful!
Now on to Target...they set it off. I was so impressed by their entire presence at the conference. From the style and size of their booth, to their recruiting techniques, to the hospitality/party suite. I mean they even had the nerve to have a Targetini at the party, which flowed down ice sculptures into Target branded martini glasses! And, they had Target branded cameras all over the place for everyone to capture the experience...LOL! The room was red, the lights were red, bulls eyes were swirling all around the room. The buffets was full of lobster, shrimp, and ribs. The DJ was crunk and the dance floor was packed. I think I need a job at Target ;-O
Friday after the conference I had to make up for all the time I lost Thursday night because I did the dummy of taking medicine and drinking...DOH! So, once business was over we hit the streets again. We went to the club within walking distance from the hotel. Luckily we stayed downtown and everything was in walking distance. I had an OK time. I met these 2 Indian dudes...Frick and Frack. They were cute and funny as hell. Frack had me on the dance floor doing a combination of the robot and break dancing. I just had to stand there, look and accept the culture difference...LOL! Me and my girls were on the patio and we look up and this Guerilla Black looking dude pulls up in a Bentley. So, we walk back in the club and introduce ourselves and start chilling with them for a while. Unfortunatly, my girl got hemmed up by Guerilla who was trying to spit some lame ass game. Actually, it was a cool night...aside from a few shits and giggles. I will say that by the end of the night your girl was feeling nice...
As I mentioned earlier, I caught a red-eye Saturday night. So, Saturday after we checked out the hotel we just did a little sight seeing, ate and chilled. My girl Dora got a call from this dude she met Friday night to come and hang out. Our flight wasn't until 11 and it was 8, so we met up with him at this hole in the wall juke joint. He was a young Mike Epps...funny as hell. I was mad that he hadn't called us earlier. We chilled out with him for a few hours and bounced to the airport.
Needless to say, my life at work after the trip has been hectic. I mean work on top of work. I'm just glad that it's Friday and I can relax.
Gotta go and finish some stuff up before I leave, so I'll holla....
I miss San Diego already!
The weather was beautiful and the sun was was shining so brightly. The conference went very well. This was my first year in attendance, so I didn't know what to expect. All everyone kept telling me was that I was going to find my husband. NOT! From what I'm told, attendance was down this year from last year. One can only speculate that the disaster in New Orleans and the change of venu is the reason for this. I'm told that a lot of people had a hard time changing their flights and hotels around. Oh Well! I wasn't on the husband prowl anyway. I did make some good contacts for law school, though.
Common performed on Thursday at the Diageo party. From what I hear the party was off the chain. Unfortunately, I didn't make it. During the conference that day I took a Theraflu strip. I figured that since it was just a strip it couldn't be that powerful. WRONG! After the conference my co-workers and I went to dinner and had a few drinks. Then, we attended our company's hospitality suite, where we had a few more glasses of wine. Then we went to the Target hospitatilty suite, which was actually a party. I'll talk about that more later. So, anyway...during all of this I'm feeling unusually tired and woozy. So, we get back to the hotel to change and meet up with some more people and I couldn't move. I could not get up and go out. Anyone that knows me, knows that I had to be in pretty bad shape to miss a party, let alone COMMON for $5!!! Oh, well maybe next time. Please belive that when Dora came stumbling in that night she rubbed it in my face. Not only was the party $5...the drinks were free!!! WTF!!! Damn...I got's to be more careful!
Now on to Target...they set it off. I was so impressed by their entire presence at the conference. From the style and size of their booth, to their recruiting techniques, to the hospitality/party suite. I mean they even had the nerve to have a Targetini at the party, which flowed down ice sculptures into Target branded martini glasses! And, they had Target branded cameras all over the place for everyone to capture the experience...LOL! The room was red, the lights were red, bulls eyes were swirling all around the room. The buffets was full of lobster, shrimp, and ribs. The DJ was crunk and the dance floor was packed. I think I need a job at Target ;-O
Friday after the conference I had to make up for all the time I lost Thursday night because I did the dummy of taking medicine and drinking...DOH! So, once business was over we hit the streets again. We went to the club within walking distance from the hotel. Luckily we stayed downtown and everything was in walking distance. I had an OK time. I met these 2 Indian dudes...Frick and Frack. They were cute and funny as hell. Frack had me on the dance floor doing a combination of the robot and break dancing. I just had to stand there, look and accept the culture difference...LOL! Me and my girls were on the patio and we look up and this Guerilla Black looking dude pulls up in a Bentley. So, we walk back in the club and introduce ourselves and start chilling with them for a while. Unfortunatly, my girl got hemmed up by Guerilla who was trying to spit some lame ass game. Actually, it was a cool night...aside from a few shits and giggles. I will say that by the end of the night your girl was feeling nice...
As I mentioned earlier, I caught a red-eye Saturday night. So, Saturday after we checked out the hotel we just did a little sight seeing, ate and chilled. My girl Dora got a call from this dude she met Friday night to come and hang out. Our flight wasn't until 11 and it was 8, so we met up with him at this hole in the wall juke joint. He was a young Mike Epps...funny as hell. I was mad that he hadn't called us earlier. We chilled out with him for a few hours and bounced to the airport.
Needless to say, my life at work after the trip has been hectic. I mean work on top of work. I'm just glad that it's Friday and I can relax.
Gotta go and finish some stuff up before I leave, so I'll holla....

1 Comments:
Hmph - Looks like someone had a good time. And I can't believed you missed Common...for $5. I surely hope there's going to be a next time.
Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal
Post a Comment
<< Home