San Diego
I did, in fact, make it back from NYC...now I'm in San Diego for the National Black MBA Conference. NYC was cool, but expect a lot more action out here.
From the moment I stepped off the plane this morning the sun was kissing my skin. It's so beautiful out here. You know I had to hit the mall after I checked into the hotel. Fortunately, we are staying downtown right in the thick of things. As a matter of fact, the House of Blues is next door to the hotel. I'm tired as hell, though. My body is on east coast time, but my brain is vibing with the west. Oh well, I'm going to have to suck it up because today is my roommates birthday, so we are going to paint the town red tonight before we have to get down to business tomorrow.
My role at the conference is 2-fold. In order for my company to fund this wonderful trip I had to volunteer to be on the recruiting team. So, I'm here to work and network. It's cool. I like where I work, so I'm not really in the job market, but it doesn't hurt to stay on top of what's out there in the job market. So, I'm looking forward to the conference...not to mention I intend to stay out here a day after the conference is over...let's call that a prolonged vacation :)
NYC
When I went to NYC this past weekend I had a really good time. I met some pleasent people. People that are long friendship material. One person inparticular caught my eye. I'll call him Common because his swagger is so similar. Anyway, Common and I vibed at first sight. As a result, I'll be back in NYC the weekend after next checking for him.
Instant karma is a metaphor I haven't quite embraced. As I mentioned in a previous post, I want to be swept off my feet but as soon as someone comes at me seriously I clam up. I'm mentioning this because Common is coming at me like it's love at first sight. Get this...I have been invited to spend Thanksgiving with him and his family. I know, sudden! Don't get me wrong he and I have a lot in common, so far and we vibe on many different levels. So far, he seems like he has a lot teach, but he realizes that he also has a lot to learn. The devil on my left shoulder is telling me...this is a feeble attempt to get some booty. You know that weak ass I love you game because the dude doesn't know what else to do to get some booty? I'm sure all women have ran across it and all men have tried it at least once knowing damn well that he's not that into you. But, the angel on my right shoulder is telling me to be cool and see. In all fairness, not all men are dogs and not all men are out to JUST get some ass. But, you must admit that those men are few and far inbetween.
Nevertheless, I'll keep the updates coming as I am just as interested to see what happens. Since Common is a college friend of Dora's I'm more willing than I would usually be to opening up. I've done the prelimanery background check and nothing foul came up, so here we go.....
I'm about to take a nap...
From the moment I stepped off the plane this morning the sun was kissing my skin. It's so beautiful out here. You know I had to hit the mall after I checked into the hotel. Fortunately, we are staying downtown right in the thick of things. As a matter of fact, the House of Blues is next door to the hotel. I'm tired as hell, though. My body is on east coast time, but my brain is vibing with the west. Oh well, I'm going to have to suck it up because today is my roommates birthday, so we are going to paint the town red tonight before we have to get down to business tomorrow.
My role at the conference is 2-fold. In order for my company to fund this wonderful trip I had to volunteer to be on the recruiting team. So, I'm here to work and network. It's cool. I like where I work, so I'm not really in the job market, but it doesn't hurt to stay on top of what's out there in the job market. So, I'm looking forward to the conference...not to mention I intend to stay out here a day after the conference is over...let's call that a prolonged vacation :)
NYC
When I went to NYC this past weekend I had a really good time. I met some pleasent people. People that are long friendship material. One person inparticular caught my eye. I'll call him Common because his swagger is so similar. Anyway, Common and I vibed at first sight. As a result, I'll be back in NYC the weekend after next checking for him.
Instant karma is a metaphor I haven't quite embraced. As I mentioned in a previous post, I want to be swept off my feet but as soon as someone comes at me seriously I clam up. I'm mentioning this because Common is coming at me like it's love at first sight. Get this...I have been invited to spend Thanksgiving with him and his family. I know, sudden! Don't get me wrong he and I have a lot in common, so far and we vibe on many different levels. So far, he seems like he has a lot teach, but he realizes that he also has a lot to learn. The devil on my left shoulder is telling me...this is a feeble attempt to get some booty. You know that weak ass I love you game because the dude doesn't know what else to do to get some booty? I'm sure all women have ran across it and all men have tried it at least once knowing damn well that he's not that into you. But, the angel on my right shoulder is telling me to be cool and see. In all fairness, not all men are dogs and not all men are out to JUST get some ass. But, you must admit that those men are few and far inbetween.
Nevertheless, I'll keep the updates coming as I am just as interested to see what happens. Since Common is a college friend of Dora's I'm more willing than I would usually be to opening up. I've done the prelimanery background check and nothing foul came up, so here we go.....
I'm about to take a nap...

1 Comments:
All men want ass...just that some of us demand it before we earn it and others don't want it right away but down the line we sure are expecting it if we have behaved.
Post a Comment
<< Home