Sunday, December 04, 2005

Whew (((As I finally exhale)))

My life has been so full that I haven't had time to write about it. Nor, have I had time to even thank the people that have been reading my blog and writting comments, so THANK YOU!

Stress manifests itself in so many ways...I'm just thankful that my hair doesn't fall out or that my skin doesn't break out. My life is in a uproar....this is one of those times that I am glad that I know Jesus. Seriously! When all else fails I pray. Please believe that I have been praying profusely over the last couple of weeks to get some peace of mind, some peace and quiet, and some peace and relaxation.

This past week, in particular, has been very trying and tiring. I spent all week packing in preparation for moving this weekend. Then we had a party on Friday (The Young Urban Professionals), which took up my Thursday for preparation. Common and his friend Elton came in town on Friday evening, so I had to pick them up from the bus station, drop them off to get dressed and rush to the party to set-up. Saturday, I painted my new apartment and laid tile...with the help of my boo and company, but still it took all day. We started at 10 am and I didn't make it home until 10 pm. Then Sunday rolls around (today) Lights, Camara, Action...

This move has to have been the worst move I have ever made. This was definitely one of those times that I wished I had enough stuff to warrent paying for a moving company. Luckily, I have a good man and friends. Otherwise, I would have been up shit creek without a paddle...I know that's a stale analogy...sue me. First of all, I get up this morning and there is a blanket of snow on my car...WTF!!!! Who the hell told it to snow in the winter time?!? HUH! Next, my bookcase was broken (it was later fixed). Finally, I slipped in the snow while carrying a radio and my legs went from under me and I landed on my back. The radio fell out of my arms and onto the left side of my face breaking my glasses. The frame broke and lense popped out and my face was cut. I felt like Ralphie in A Christmas story when he broke his glasses while shooting the BB gun. So, we are all standing there searching through snow for a clear lense, go figure. I found the lense and had to tape my glasses up to finish moving. Luckily, I have contacts or I would look real stupid going to work tomorrow. All I could do was just go in the bathroom and cry. After all this crap with this apartment (new and old) I top it off by injuring myself and breaking a pair of $600 frames! I have never ever seen anyone in these frames and now their broken and I bought them 3 years ago in STL, so the likelihood of me finding them again is slim to none. To keep positive I have tried to identify the sliver lining in the cloud... at least had the glasses on. Had I not, I would have easily had a black eye or needed stitches based on the way the radio hit me in the face. My back is another story, though. My body hurts from the base of my neck to the back of my thighs. I'm scared as hell to go to sleep...I'm afraid that when I wake up I won't be able to move...LOL! Oh well...What can I do? At least that part of the moving process is over. Even though my apartment looks like shit (I have crap everywhere) and the gas isn't on...they will be out tomorrow, so I'm staying at Dora's house. Her place is actually close to work, so it isn't that bad. But, still...

I have this stupid 3 day training to attend starting tomorrow and I am dreading it immensely...especially now that I've fallen and couldn't get up. I gotta laugh at myself to stay sane.

On A Brighter Note...

I met Common's family over the Thanksgving holiday. They all came up to NYC and spent the holidays with him. It was very enjoyable time. They embraced me immediately. I have to admit that I was extremely nervous. I mean, meeting the parents is a major deal...especially since his father is a pastor. I was afraid he would come up to me like dude did in Shallow Hal and say Devil Be Gone...LOL! That had to be the funniest part of that movie...I digress. Common's sister are polar opposites. One is a 13 year old diva. She reminded me of one of the girls off of Super Sweet 16 and the other one is a 16 year old tom-boy. His father had on a fanny pack and an earpiece. I thought that was the funniest thing ever. I guess as you get older it's all about being comfortable...LOL! It just kills me to see older people trying to flaunt their versions hipness. His mother and aunts had me in the kitchen snapping peas and cleaning greens. I felt so domisticated and anyone that knows me knows that the kitchen is not my room of choice. it will be his turn on Christmas...he's meeting my family! He and I are both going to Chicago for the holidays...we're both from Chicago for those of you that don't know. I plan on dragging him around and introducing him to my peeps. We'll see how much he likes me after this...LOL! I've tried to prepare him, but somethings you can never be prepared for. You know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, my family isn't the worst...but, they are a little weird to me sometimes. You can't change where you come from, so I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it.

Damn, my back hurts! I have to take some pain killers and lay it down...

3 Comments:

Blogger POPS said...

do you like the elephant man today?

December 05, 2005 11:43 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Ummm, I don't get it...

December 05, 2005 12:21 PM  
Blogger POPS said...

does it look like someone busted you in yo eye?

December 05, 2005 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com