Thursday, April 20, 2006

Working it out...


That is what I have been doing all week to get my life in order. The bank has been helpful. They issued me a temporary ATM card until the real one arrives. They also credited me back the money the Bandit stole pumping gas!!! That was a relief. The only real problems I've had have been with the Cingular.

The problem is this: I don't have any cards...credit or otherwise...they were stolen. My phone is an IL/STL number and I live in MA. So, that means that any phone I get has to be mailed to me because I don't live in the market that my phone is "registered" to, so to speak. That wouldn't be a problem under normal circumstances. I don't have insurance because they kicked me off when i made 3 claims in a year and I never got it again when the year was over. I had this really small phone that was hard to hold on to, so I dropped it the tub, the toilit and a cup of juice. I promise I couldn't make this shit up if I tried. I digress

Anyway,

Cingular has changed their policies, so they no longer allow you to purchase a cell phone over the phone and have it billed to your account. You need to be prepared to pay with a credit or debit card with a Visa logo. I can't because I don't have one handy. So, I have been going back and forth with them to make an exception. Hell, I've been a customer for 5 years and 1 month. Never missed a payment, never had my phone disconnected, so I expect preferential treatment. Luckily, Cingular does to. They honored and recognized that I was a valued customer and bent over backwards to make this happen...I just had to go through a lot of red tape. Why you ask? It's a simple phone...WRONG! The phone I want is over $300. When they do make exceptions they have a not to exceed limit of $250. When I was done my total was $500....count in the phone, charger, Blue Tooth earpiece and leather case. I need everything to be right. So, all week I have been waiting and waiting to get them to mail it out.

FINALLY, they approved everything and mailed it out express at no charge. I should have the phone tomorrow...WHOO HOO. Here's a picture...
(Now that I've learned how to post pictures, I'll never stop...LOL!)




It's like a mini-laptop....I'm a texting Wizard and I'm glued to my email, so this phone is ideal. It's kind of big for my taste, but with the Blue Tooth earpiece I won't even need to hold it...

***Haiti***

That's where the Bandit called with my damn phone. I found that out today. He called Haiti while his stupid ass was pumping gas. I'm so pissed about that. He made a 31 minute phone call at $1.24 a minute. You do the math. Thank God, Cingular is taking that off, too... I know it's not that much money, but it's a lot when you didn't make the call...you feel me.

Slowly, but surely everything is coming together. I should have all my cards by the end of next week and all will be right in my world...

Until next time,
SMOOCHES ;-)


***Update***
I recieved my phone today...thank GOD! I called to have it connected and to add the Media package and insurance. Come to find out they over charged me for my phone, so she gave me a $100 credit to my bill. That took care of my bill that was due this month and then some...So, I'm only spending $400 instead of $500 for the phone and all the accessories..Now do you see why I'm too blessed to be stressed :) I just brush my shoulders off...God takes care of his people.

16 Comments:

Blogger NegroPino™ said...

I wish I had $500 to blow on a phone......I do know about some bullshit......NExtel be RAPING ppl.....wHEN U GONNA GET A MASS # AND SPEAKING OF #"S CAN U EMAIL ME YOURS SO I CAN CALL U.....

April 20, 2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

@ MNB- I was fighting tooth and nail so that I don't have to pay that right now. The bill won't be due until May 18...

I don't plan on getting a MASS ID. I plan on moving to MIA if I get this job, so I'm waiting. MASS was only a pit stop in my career...

I just emailed you...

April 20, 2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Lucky you........Miami is the spot...

April 20, 2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

That's what the hell I want to know!

April 20, 2006 2:15 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Girl same thing happened to me once but the bastard who got my phone called someplace in Nigeria...Got Dayum Africans LOL!!

Glad your stuff worked out. I'd die without my phone and my debit card.

Enjoy the blog, I'll be back!

April 20, 2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger M-Dubb said...

I'm mad ol boy (yeah, it probably was a nigga) made a call to haiti. He needs to get some lotion. Prolly got fucked up arms and legs from all that sandmanin he be doin

April 20, 2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

@ R. Daughter - Thanks for stopping by...

@ M-Dubb - I hope his ass is itching permenantly with bugs living in his skin!!! Ashy ass!!!

April 20, 2006 11:33 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

And you know this mannnn....(In my best Chris Tucker voice)

April 21, 2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

@T - The pleasure was all mine. I'm glad to have met some more down to earth people in the Bean :)

April 22, 2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

I'm glad everything worked out for you...I know how cingular can be sometime, I have them too.

April 22, 2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Nice friggin' phone!

KZ

April 25, 2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

Haiti needs his ass beat...

April 25, 2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

@ 4 - Cingular suprised me. Thanks for stopping by...

@ Zed - Thanks! So far, I love this phone...

@ Stilt - Me and Zed are going down to Miami and blowing Ocean Drive up...forget a beat down. LOL! Thanks for stopping by...

April 25, 2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

damn $400 for phone and accessories.....*bug eyes*

April 25, 2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

lol @ you dropping your phone in the tub, cup of juice and toliet..

April 25, 2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

@ no1: I'm clumsy and I admit it...

April 27, 2006 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com