Rain, Rain Go Away...
I'm back in wet ass Boston...BOO!!!! I made it back Sunday night after a 2 hour delay due to rain...go figure. Guess how happy I am to be back??? NOT AT ALL! Who wants to come back to flooding and storm watches? WHO?! "Not I", said the Cat. So, I sit at my desk today and pout while I dream of blue skies, purple rainbows and alligators. That's right, alligators. That's who was running Florida when I left Sunday. On the news left and right someone was being eaten by an Alligator! WTF!? Some shit I'll never understand. For instance, one person was a 24 year old girl who was running by the canal at night. WHY?! Let's remove the possible Alligator attack out the picture...it's unsafe for any woman to run anywhere at night alone. She wasn't able to get away and the Alligator got her. Then there was the 80 year old woman who was gardening and the Alligator came up out the water and bit her leg. She beat him in the head and he ran. My question is this: How is it that an 80 year old can beat an Alligator but a 24 year old can't get away? By no means am I making light of a horrendous situation, but that is something that makes me go hmmmm. Nevertheless, I'll fight off a few Alligators to move to Florida over dealing with bogus ass weather in Boston anyday! Bring it on!!!!
My trip was OK and I mean that in the worst possible way. First of all I was SICK most of the trip. You'll note in my last post I mentioned that I was feeling a little sick. So, I figured I'd drink some tea on the plane and everything will clear up once I breathe in some NON-Boston air. WRONG?! The first thing that went wrong was my left ear didn't pop back out. WTF! I swallowed, I yawned, I leaned my head to side as if I had water in it and nothing worked. Shit! I didn't panic. I figured that it would probably resume to normal over time. It was annoying but nothing major...I could still hear. SO, Wednesday I chilled out with Text. We watched Hostel and drank half a bottle of Grey Goose. Thursday (ear just a smidge better) I wake up with a sore throat and blowing my nose. I drank a little tea, took a shower and hit the beach. Laid out there for about 5 hours. We met up with some folks, drank a couple of cases of beer and chilled. I went home, took a nap, another shower, got beautified and we hit the club. Great!!! Ear still feeling a little full, but nothing major...I can hear. The drama started Friday!!!
Friday comes and I can barely get out the bed! WTF! How is it that I'm in 90 degree weather and I'm sick. God has a good sense of humor and I could see him laughing at me from above as I lay in bed drinking Theraflu. I mean who do I think I am. I thought I was going to just hop on a plane, bypass all this yucky weather, lay out in the sun and have a good time while my Bostonians were left to swim for their dear lives. Yeah Right! Thank God for small favors, though. Text was exceptional in his taking-care-of-sick-people abilities. He waited on me hand and foot. He anticipated my every need. He made me tea, Theraflu, went and got me some Sudafed, made me some Soup, got Orange Juice, kissed my forehead, rubbed my feet...you get the picture. I was the worst on Friday. I threw up that night. My entire body just shut down. We had to cancel all plans. Saturday rolls around and I only felt slightly better. I still had to drink tea, Therflu, OJ, eat soup, blow my nose and take tylenol...Did I mention that I had a fever?! Basically, I spent ALL day Friday and ALL day Saturday in the bed or on the couch SICK! I got ONE good day out of Florida.
I went to the doctor Monday because my ear still feels funny and it hasn't fully popped back out. For a $15 co-pay you want to know what the doctor told me? Get some Sudafed! WTF! I told her straight up no bullshit in my best Denzel Washington in Philidelphia voice..."Break it down for me like I'm a 5 year old because youou could have told me that over the phone." This is Dr. Lim talking..." Well, no Dynasty we had to bring you in to be sure you didn't have an ear infection or anything. Everything looks fine. Some things just have to heal themselves. Take sudafed everday as it says on the box for about a week and you should be back to your old self. You were sick before you got on the plane and the high altitudes aggravated your ear. Had you taken Sudafed about an hour before you landed that would have cleared everything up allowing your ear to naturally pop." I understood, but I want my money back! Quack! So, word to the wise. If you're sick while flying take sudafed before you land...
So, here I am today back at work...ear all jacked up. I'm actually getting used to it, LOL! It's raining and it's cold. I just want my ear to be back to normal for my next trip. Chicago here I come for Memorial Day!!!
BTW: I got a half dozen roses today from Text...I like flowers :)
Robert Mack: Was that enough of an update? ;-)
Smooches :)
My trip was OK and I mean that in the worst possible way. First of all I was SICK most of the trip. You'll note in my last post I mentioned that I was feeling a little sick. So, I figured I'd drink some tea on the plane and everything will clear up once I breathe in some NON-Boston air. WRONG?! The first thing that went wrong was my left ear didn't pop back out. WTF! I swallowed, I yawned, I leaned my head to side as if I had water in it and nothing worked. Shit! I didn't panic. I figured that it would probably resume to normal over time. It was annoying but nothing major...I could still hear. SO, Wednesday I chilled out with Text. We watched Hostel and drank half a bottle of Grey Goose. Thursday (ear just a smidge better) I wake up with a sore throat and blowing my nose. I drank a little tea, took a shower and hit the beach. Laid out there for about 5 hours. We met up with some folks, drank a couple of cases of beer and chilled. I went home, took a nap, another shower, got beautified and we hit the club. Great!!! Ear still feeling a little full, but nothing major...I can hear. The drama started Friday!!!
Friday comes and I can barely get out the bed! WTF! How is it that I'm in 90 degree weather and I'm sick. God has a good sense of humor and I could see him laughing at me from above as I lay in bed drinking Theraflu. I mean who do I think I am. I thought I was going to just hop on a plane, bypass all this yucky weather, lay out in the sun and have a good time while my Bostonians were left to swim for their dear lives. Yeah Right! Thank God for small favors, though. Text was exceptional in his taking-care-of-sick-people abilities. He waited on me hand and foot. He anticipated my every need. He made me tea, Theraflu, went and got me some Sudafed, made me some Soup, got Orange Juice, kissed my forehead, rubbed my feet...you get the picture. I was the worst on Friday. I threw up that night. My entire body just shut down. We had to cancel all plans. Saturday rolls around and I only felt slightly better. I still had to drink tea, Therflu, OJ, eat soup, blow my nose and take tylenol...Did I mention that I had a fever?! Basically, I spent ALL day Friday and ALL day Saturday in the bed or on the couch SICK! I got ONE good day out of Florida.
I went to the doctor Monday because my ear still feels funny and it hasn't fully popped back out. For a $15 co-pay you want to know what the doctor told me? Get some Sudafed! WTF! I told her straight up no bullshit in my best Denzel Washington in Philidelphia voice..."Break it down for me like I'm a 5 year old because youou could have told me that over the phone." This is Dr. Lim talking..." Well, no Dynasty we had to bring you in to be sure you didn't have an ear infection or anything. Everything looks fine. Some things just have to heal themselves. Take sudafed everday as it says on the box for about a week and you should be back to your old self. You were sick before you got on the plane and the high altitudes aggravated your ear. Had you taken Sudafed about an hour before you landed that would have cleared everything up allowing your ear to naturally pop." I understood, but I want my money back! Quack! So, word to the wise. If you're sick while flying take sudafed before you land...
So, here I am today back at work...ear all jacked up. I'm actually getting used to it, LOL! It's raining and it's cold. I just want my ear to be back to normal for my next trip. Chicago here I come for Memorial Day!!!
BTW: I got a half dozen roses today from Text...I like flowers :)
Robert Mack: Was that enough of an update? ;-)
Smooches :)

6 Comments:
dang dont you hate it when you sick, tryna get your vacation on....glad you made it back safe
U gonna be there for Memorial Day too? Im def getting up wif u...
Daaaamn text still sending you flowers. Guess he used The couchie coupon from the last batch and needs to re up..lol
Sorry about your trip sweetie
@ No1: Yes, I hate it!!!! Oh, well..what can you do? I go to Chicago in 2 weeks, so I'll make it up there.
@ Free: Nah Chica, I'll be in Chicago.
@ Slish: It's all good. BTW: He hasn't used anything...LOL!
@ Robert: Uh oh, look at you trying to put some miles on the new ride. I might not need a ride to and from the airport, but you can pick me up to hang on your b-day :)
Did you think I wasn't going to put you on blast? Think again!
Ya boy Knockout...2 hours from Chicago...where's the luv?
KZ
@ Zed: Did you just say that you were road tripping to Chicago to meet us to kick it? Is that what I read?
Post a Comment
<< Home