Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Random Chatter

I got this from Nsane...I thought I'd post my results .


Your Birthdate: April 13

You're dominant and powerful. You always need to be in charge.
While others respect your competence, you can be a bit of a dictator.
Hard working and serious, you never let yourself down.
You are exact and accurate - and you expect others to be the same way.

Your strength: You always get the job done

Your weakness: You're a perfectionist to a fault

Your power color: Gray

Your power symbol: Checkmark

Your power month: April

This kind of hit the nail on the head. Although, saying I'm a dictator is a little harsh. I do like to be in control, but that's just an Aries trait and a result of my upbringing. What can I say? :)
***I've Fallen, but Luckily I Was Able to Get Up***
Yesterday I wore some sandals with about a 2 inch heel. Whenever you see me I will more than likely have on heels. That's just my thing. I own flats and I sometimes wear flats, but I like to wear dressy shoes. Put it like this, I've had the same gym-shoes for 2 years and they still don't look really worn. Anyway, I'm wearing the sandals and the hem of my slacks are hitting the heel...as most of my slacks do. I'm only 5"2 and with my highest heel (4 inches) I'm only 5"6, so most of my slacks fall to the floor or a little above.
As I'm walking out the building my heel gets caught in the cuff of my pants and I fall down 5 concrete steps. Don't laugh!!! Okay, it is funny...but, it hurt like hell. I scrapped my right foot taking off all the polish on my big toes and some skin off my second toe. I scrapped my shin and hurt my hand. Luckily, I didn't twist my ankle or bust my head...I got up, looked around to make sure no one saw me and limped to my car. I all but ruined my heels due to me scrapping the topside of my foot on concrete. It took everything out of my not to cry...(it's that time of the month) I love those sandals, now I have to get a new pedicure due to the wedding this weekend and my foot hurts !!!
***Straight Out An Episode of Tom & Jerry***
I headed straight home from work, exhausted and in pain. I thought I was going to go in the house and take a nice bath to lick my wounds. WRONG!
I mentioned in a past entry that I don't have AC in the house. So, I walk in strip and cut on fans. After stripping guess what I saw?!?!? You got it...a damn mouse! A really tiny mouse. You know the kind that doesn't make any noise. I immediately freeze to see where he's going next. I dont' see him anymore. So, I start scurrying around to pick shit up. I'm not a nasty person, but I can get junky in a hectic week or during a lazy weekend. For some odd reason I like to wear a different pair of shoes every day, so I had to put shoes in thier boxes. Cleaners clothes in the cleaners bag, dirty clothes in the laundry bag. Put my purses where they go...vaccum. That kind of stuff...But, I didn't have any dirty dishes...told you I wasn't a nasty person...LOL! Then I see him again...DOOM, DOOM, DOOM. He ran in the bathroom!
I'm frantically trying to think of what to do next. I don't have any traps because this is the first mouse I've seen. My landlord told me to tell her if I ever saw any mice, but I didn't think anything of it. I guess I should have taken that as a warning...Right?! I mean, the house I live in is about 100 years old. It's a huge Victorian Style house and in Boston we live on top of each other like mice, so I shouldn't be surprised...Anyway, imagine me standing at at the threshold of the bathroom in a tank top and some shorts limping because my feet hurt. I had my hair pulled up in a clip because I'm sweating at this point from all the frantic cleaning. I had a dustpan in one hand and the broom in the other. I had decided that I would pick him up in the dustpan and throw him outside. I figured that would be the most humane thing to do. Besides, he looked like a field mouse.
He pokes his head out and stares at me. I jump and he runs back behind the sink cabinet. So, I stand there poised to attack for another 30 seconds with sweat dripping off my forehead. He does it again. We stare at each other for about 15 seconds, I'm not breathing because I don't want him to run back again. He inches forward and then trys to make a run for it. Instinctively, I jump back and try to smother him with the broom. Of course, I miss and end up knocking him down the hall steps...my bathroom is right at the top of the steps. I'm frozen again because I anticipated him jumping back up the steps. SO, I turn on the light and he's gone. I start walking down the steps to see where he could be and then I notice it. There is a small hole in the wall at the crease of the step. This no muscle having bastard has sqeezed in the hole and is gone. Hopefully, I won't see him again. As I mentioned, the house is huge, so he could bout be anywhere on her side. She has 3 floors to herself and that doesn't include the basement. So, we'll see what happens. I'm going to get some glue traps just in case.
Once Mighty Mouse disappeared I laid across the bed telling myself I was only going to cool off under the fan for a minute...WRONG! I woke up at 10:30...LOL!
Smooches :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Nika Laqui said...

FIRST!?

*LOL* thats funny but its not too funny cause you hurt yourself...but girl anytime I bust my ass like that I laugh hysterically while I'm getting up....*lol*

Its funny to me...and then I be wishing someone taped it so I can play it back over and over again so I can laugh some more....

As for that mouse...GIRL you are brave...I can't touch no mice, dead or alive let alone think about sweeping it in a dustpan and putting it outside....
What if it ran up the broom handle?...*lol*

You need to go around the house with some aluminum foil or brillo pads and stuff up any holes you see...that should keep him out....

In major cities, regardless of your cleanliness, you will have mice....but being clean helps, that way you can see where its going and coming from...
But once you clog those holes, the mouse will find somewhere else to go...

WTH is a field mouse? is it like a field nigga? *lol*

June 21, 2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

ROTFLMAO!!! @ the Field Nigga comment...

You brought up the old school remedy...Brilo pads. That was the first thing that came to mind and it might not be such a bad idea. Does Aluminum really work? I would hate to be woken up to a mouse nibbeling on loud ass aluminum...LOL!

See, I'm a single woman that has to fend for herself. So, I have to either catch the mouse or live with the mouse. I've learned that waiting on a man to do something for you won't get you anywhere. You should see me in the winter time shoveling snow...Str8 comedy. But, I get it done...LOL!

June 21, 2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Girl, I feel you, I'm in that same boat..but I'm not touching no mice...of fuckin with them...if I catch one, I'll just tell the maintenance lady to come get it...or the landlord..my BD told me to have my son to pick up the dead mouse....I'm not touchin it why would I let him do it....

But Kaeven not scared of mice, he be laughin at me jumpin on top of shit screaming...*lol*

Girl it works...I didn't have no brillo pad and I saw a mouse in the winter...and it was just chillin...
I didn't have my glasses on so I thought it was on of Kaeven's toys..then I thru a piece of ice at it..and it ran back in the hole...so I stuffed the hole along with others...no mice...

June 21, 2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

I don't know about that poison unless she likes to see and smell an exploded mouse.....
What if he eat the poison and crawl in the hole and die, now her house will smell like funky mouse....

June 21, 2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

What a day...Broke toe. Mouse was just trying to help wanted to put a band aid on it...lol

June 21, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Robert: I don't have a family of mice...LOL @ the poison. This mouse wasn't even that big. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to cats, so that wouldn't help.

Nsane: I would hate to smell an exploded or dead mouse...Ewwww....Since I'm blind my sense of smell is off the hook, so that would drive me crazy.

Slish: LOL! That's all I can do...

June 22, 2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

DYING LAUGHING!!! That was for real a Tom and Jerry episode. Girl I'd be moving I hate mice and insects...they scare the shyt out of me.

June 22, 2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

i FOUNd a mouse the other day..i musta killed him with the heat.....

June 22, 2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

LMAO! I've heard that where there's one rodent, there's a million more! that is wild! u better call somebody!

June 22, 2006 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com