What It Is, Huh? What's Up?
Thanks for all the wishes you guys sent while I was in Miami. I've actually been back since Monday, but I had to get acclimated to the real world. It always takes me a few days. I have to catch up on sleep, work, tv shows, etc. Below is a picture I took while there. You'll notice I have my glasses on. I ripped my right contact Thursday and it hurt like hell, so I had to wear my glasses for most of the trip. Except for Saturday, I actuall only wore one contact and it wasn't that bad...no mishaps and I didn't fall...LOL! The picture below was taken that Friday.

Finally, I feel like I can breathe only to be heading back out of town next weekend. I'm racking up those frequent flier miles in a big way...now if only I could stick to one airline. Honestly, I would have to fly to the moon and back to get enough miles to qualify for a free trip. It takes 25,000 miles to get a free trip with American. WTF! First of all, I seldomly fly American because the prices are too high. My new favorite Airline is Delta/Song...I digress. As I was saying, I'm headed to Chicago for a wedding. A friend of mine's brother is getting married and he asked me to accompany him as his date. I love weddings, so I'm looking forward to it. Plus, this is an unexpected trip to Chicago giving me the opportunity to drop in on my daughter and a special friend. ;)
Speaking of weddings, I've been thinking a lot about relationships. Hopefully, some of my "seasoned" bloggers can chime in and shed a little light on the subject. Here it goes.
I'm 27, 5'2, 135-140 pounds depending on what time of the month it is, spiritual, attractive, intelligent, educated, witty, confident, opinionated, strong, aggressive, yet delicate, prissy, yet ghetto if the situation permits, spontaneous, open-minded, intuitive, loyal, ambitious, genuine, stylish, sensitive, yet a warrior, impatient, good job, a car, and my own place. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE PROBLEM!!!
Why is it that my better half is having a hard time finding me? Is it all this heavy rain in Boston. Let me continue by saying that I'm not the type who needs a man, but I am reaching a point in my life where I would like to have one. I'm not perfect and I don't claim to be, but that doesn't mean that I am going to settle for less than what I deem perfect. You feel me? I know who I am and what I want, so why do men try to convince me otherwise? And, then when I don't fall for the ookey-doke, I'm the bad person...the big bad wolf. I will admit, I have a low threshold for BULL SHIT...put simply. I see straight through it sooner or later because most men are transparent as hell. And just because I don't call you on it from jump doesn't mean you've gotten over on me. It just means that then wasn't the time for me to bust your ass. I have my own agenda, too. Something I've learned in my 27 years on this earth is that no one cares about me more than I do. If I get a whiff of disloyalty your ass is out the door. I have sent up my prayer request of what I want and don't want. Nothing specific. Nothing like: dark-skinned...no particulars. More of a conceptual request...loves and accepts me for me, ambitous, loyal, trustworthy...those kind of things. Now, I know that God has a sense of humor or else he wouldn't have given me one...but he's teetering on cruel now...LOL! Like the guy that not only gives you a wedgie, but he gives you an Atomic Wedgie snapping your underwear over your head...he has went too far... (God I'm just playing. Don't strike down blogger)
Don't get me wrong, I'm blessed and highly favored, which he shows me every morning I open my eyes. But, damn...when is it my turn. I search for meaning in every aspect of my life. Without meaning life isn't worth living. So, I know that every romantic encounter is preparing me for something more. I know that I am who I am for a reason and it's not a mistake. So, I don't apologize for that. What I want to know: Why is it that I keep having encounters with people that aren't my type? I meet people that are the exact OPPOSITE of what I want. Yet, I give them a try to see if I'm being to picky or judgemental. I don't want to miss out on my blessings looking for Mr. Right. I'm starting to think he doesn't exist. I once heard that you attract who you are. To some degree I belive that, but then I think that's some bullshit....I attract total opposites of myself. If these people would have shown me their true colors from day one, there wouldn't have been a day two or three...you get the point. Which leads me to my next issue. Keeping it real.
Why are we so afraid to show the opposite sex who we really are? Why do we think we have to pretend to be someone else to gain their affection? Don't you realize that's stupid? I show you who I am from the beginning....take it or leave it. I see that most people choose to take it...I just don't want thier asses. I've been called genuine by both male and female friends...that's all I'm looking for in return. Men should come with labels so that we can read the contents and put thier asses back on the shelf if they prove to be determental to our healths. The label should tells us how many illegimate kids they have, whether or not they are really insecure, but front like they have it all together, do they secretly desire other men...you know, the kind of shit you find out after you've wasted 3-6 months of your time and energy. Spare me the trouble. I've done enough dating and fucking to not need some man as a space filler. I'm tired of being bamboozeled...hood winked!!! I feel like I need to check myself and see what I'm lacking that draws me to these wankstas in the first place. I'm not lonely in the true sense of the word...so, that can't be it. I'm actually very comfortable with me. For instance: I go out alone...and not because everyone is busy, but because I want to be with me some times. I like my company and the people I meet when I'm not with an entourage. Basically, I think it's because I don't want to walk around with a chip on my shoulder. I don't want to be the man hater. I try not to blame everyone for one man's indiscretions. But, every time I give a man the benefit of the doubt I feel like Homer Simpson...DOH!!!!
I guess I'm ranting to say...Don't come to me unless you're ready to lay ALL your cards on the table and be the real you. Don't come to me if you can't handle a woman that doesn't need you to validate her, but still wants you to be a man and protect her. Don't come to me if you are confused about your sexuality (another hot button issue that I'll leave for another post). Don't come to me if you think I'm going to change...I might not...
As a matter of fact, I think I'm going on a dating sabbatical...catch me in the fall...
Smooches :)
Thanks for keeping up with my non-direction having thoughts....

Finally, I feel like I can breathe only to be heading back out of town next weekend. I'm racking up those frequent flier miles in a big way...now if only I could stick to one airline. Honestly, I would have to fly to the moon and back to get enough miles to qualify for a free trip. It takes 25,000 miles to get a free trip with American. WTF! First of all, I seldomly fly American because the prices are too high. My new favorite Airline is Delta/Song...I digress. As I was saying, I'm headed to Chicago for a wedding. A friend of mine's brother is getting married and he asked me to accompany him as his date. I love weddings, so I'm looking forward to it. Plus, this is an unexpected trip to Chicago giving me the opportunity to drop in on my daughter and a special friend. ;)
Speaking of weddings, I've been thinking a lot about relationships. Hopefully, some of my "seasoned" bloggers can chime in and shed a little light on the subject. Here it goes.
I'm 27, 5'2, 135-140 pounds depending on what time of the month it is, spiritual, attractive, intelligent, educated, witty, confident, opinionated, strong, aggressive, yet delicate, prissy, yet ghetto if the situation permits, spontaneous, open-minded, intuitive, loyal, ambitious, genuine, stylish, sensitive, yet a warrior, impatient, good job, a car, and my own place. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE PROBLEM!!!
Why is it that my better half is having a hard time finding me? Is it all this heavy rain in Boston. Let me continue by saying that I'm not the type who needs a man, but I am reaching a point in my life where I would like to have one. I'm not perfect and I don't claim to be, but that doesn't mean that I am going to settle for less than what I deem perfect. You feel me? I know who I am and what I want, so why do men try to convince me otherwise? And, then when I don't fall for the ookey-doke, I'm the bad person...the big bad wolf. I will admit, I have a low threshold for BULL SHIT...put simply. I see straight through it sooner or later because most men are transparent as hell. And just because I don't call you on it from jump doesn't mean you've gotten over on me. It just means that then wasn't the time for me to bust your ass. I have my own agenda, too. Something I've learned in my 27 years on this earth is that no one cares about me more than I do. If I get a whiff of disloyalty your ass is out the door. I have sent up my prayer request of what I want and don't want. Nothing specific. Nothing like: dark-skinned...no particulars. More of a conceptual request...loves and accepts me for me, ambitous, loyal, trustworthy...those kind of things. Now, I know that God has a sense of humor or else he wouldn't have given me one...but he's teetering on cruel now...LOL! Like the guy that not only gives you a wedgie, but he gives you an Atomic Wedgie snapping your underwear over your head...he has went too far... (God I'm just playing. Don't strike down blogger)
Don't get me wrong, I'm blessed and highly favored, which he shows me every morning I open my eyes. But, damn...when is it my turn. I search for meaning in every aspect of my life. Without meaning life isn't worth living. So, I know that every romantic encounter is preparing me for something more. I know that I am who I am for a reason and it's not a mistake. So, I don't apologize for that. What I want to know: Why is it that I keep having encounters with people that aren't my type? I meet people that are the exact OPPOSITE of what I want. Yet, I give them a try to see if I'm being to picky or judgemental. I don't want to miss out on my blessings looking for Mr. Right. I'm starting to think he doesn't exist. I once heard that you attract who you are. To some degree I belive that, but then I think that's some bullshit....I attract total opposites of myself. If these people would have shown me their true colors from day one, there wouldn't have been a day two or three...you get the point. Which leads me to my next issue. Keeping it real.
Why are we so afraid to show the opposite sex who we really are? Why do we think we have to pretend to be someone else to gain their affection? Don't you realize that's stupid? I show you who I am from the beginning....take it or leave it. I see that most people choose to take it...I just don't want thier asses. I've been called genuine by both male and female friends...that's all I'm looking for in return. Men should come with labels so that we can read the contents and put thier asses back on the shelf if they prove to be determental to our healths. The label should tells us how many illegimate kids they have, whether or not they are really insecure, but front like they have it all together, do they secretly desire other men...you know, the kind of shit you find out after you've wasted 3-6 months of your time and energy. Spare me the trouble. I've done enough dating and fucking to not need some man as a space filler. I'm tired of being bamboozeled...hood winked!!! I feel like I need to check myself and see what I'm lacking that draws me to these wankstas in the first place. I'm not lonely in the true sense of the word...so, that can't be it. I'm actually very comfortable with me. For instance: I go out alone...and not because everyone is busy, but because I want to be with me some times. I like my company and the people I meet when I'm not with an entourage. Basically, I think it's because I don't want to walk around with a chip on my shoulder. I don't want to be the man hater. I try not to blame everyone for one man's indiscretions. But, every time I give a man the benefit of the doubt I feel like Homer Simpson...DOH!!!!
I guess I'm ranting to say...Don't come to me unless you're ready to lay ALL your cards on the table and be the real you. Don't come to me if you can't handle a woman that doesn't need you to validate her, but still wants you to be a man and protect her. Don't come to me if you are confused about your sexuality (another hot button issue that I'll leave for another post). Don't come to me if you think I'm going to change...I might not...
As a matter of fact, I think I'm going on a dating sabbatical...catch me in the fall...
Smooches :)
Thanks for keeping up with my non-direction having thoughts....

8 Comments:
YOU LOOK SOO PRETTY!!!
Its hard for us pretty, intelligent, women to find suitable mates.
I feel EVERYTHING you're saying in those regards...
Put everything on the table, cause I do...hate it or love it, but this is me...no surprises in the future and can't nobody tell you shit that I ain't told you already....
Thats how it should be but men don't do that, then you find yourself find out some shit, 2 years later, that you are not willing to deal with...just be straight up!!!
People will respect you more....
Umm, yea like RobMack said, Dude better have some "oblation" for standing you up...
Hit me up too when you get here...mayb e we can go harrass RobMack...*lol* or get into some prissy/ghetto fun....*lol*
I hating on yo tan....I need one...*lol*
I feel you so much on this post. But first of all...I have to start off by saying you're beautiful. That's a great pic of you. Okay, onto your post...I get you completely. It's crazy, cause I look around and see alot of people who don't have their stuff together nearly as well as I do, and they're with someone...and I'm just sitting back asking myself what's wrong with me. But, I chose not to live my life like that a little while ago and just do me and do what I have to do. Things will find me, and I don't have to go out there and actively search for it. I guess for me, it was mainly a confidence thing, but since I've rediscovered mine, life's been great...with or without someone special. But I would still much rather have that someone special in my life though.
RobMack-
"@Nsane
LOL...You are truly something,.."
"Yea me and Jesus..."...*lol*
I've been so waiting to use that line from JD's Revenge....
Thanks for the compliments Everyone! I really appreciate it, especially since I hate wearing my glasses.
Robert: I don't plan on settling, hence my situation and I don't feel bad about it. What I hate is that these men I date try to use thier Jedi mind tricks to make me think I owe them something. Just because they like me doesn't mean I have to feel the same way. That's not how God intended it. I'm looking for my Soul Mate...not to sound cliche, but that's the truth. I want my Soul/Spirit to get in sync with someone else's...until then...I quit.
Yes, this is the same friend that stood me up, but it's all good. His ass has one more time and after that our friendship is off!!! LOL!
Nsane: My sister from another mother...I know you feel me. When I read your blog I think to myself. " damn this girl took the thought right out my head". That's why I love the blog world. I feel like I've connected with some many like-minded individuals.
I'm only going to be able to hang one night...friday. The wedding is Saturday in Joliet and I'm staying up that way overnight til Sunday and I leave Sunday at 9 in the morning...
Charles: I'm glad you responded. I read your blog and I know you feel me. Like Robert said you two remind me of each other. It makes me feel a little better that this isn't just a woman issue. I'm not the only one that feels like I need to dumb down to get a damn mate. WTF!!! There is nothing wrong with you or me...we're being prepared for greatness...I feel it and when I read your blog I see it in you...:)
U look sexy wif your glasses......
I feel ya on this one..we in the same boat....i am 27, 5-4, skinny with a phatty and have difficulty finding a man to settle down with. I have tried dating young ones, older ones and so far no luck. There is no in between. Im not picky. ALl i want is somebody that wants ME and ONLY ME and to make me happy. That must be a hard task in itself or I m asking for alot cuz nobody has been able to achieve this yet. I keep meeting men with ISSUES...WHy can't i meet some body with NO ISSUES? AM I that FLYY...Im bout to start going to SIngles BIble Study know of any good churches? It seems like the more u got going for yourself, the less ppl want you.
Youngins!!!!
Take all these experiencs positive and negative and learn from them. When you meet that special someone the ying to your yang. Everything will fall into place.
Problem today Dynasty is most brothas have never been taught how to really court a woman. They sprint and run out of energy before the race really begins. A woman questions their intentions and a brotha will give up and find an easier target instead of just showing a little constistency.
I'm not gonna tell you "Be patient Mr Right is around the corner" because he's not. What I will tell you is a Mr Wrong might end up being your Mr Right. Case in point my buddy Grantlove. Took a good woman to change him. If you continue to be a good woman Dynasty. Mr Wrong will become your Mr Right....
I agree with Slish...no need for sabbatical, just continue to be the smart, beautiful, and insightful sista you are and when the right one comes along you'll know it. You recognize the "wanksta's" for who they are and you don't tolerate the BS...we all have to beat around with a few rocks before we find our diamond. It's coming baby girl...it's coming!
Keep that head up...remember "pretty girls..."
Post a Comment
<< Home