Thursday, July 20, 2006

Just One of Them Days....

It's just one of them days
That a girl goes through
When i'm angry inside
Don't wanna take it out on you
Just one of them things
Don't take it personal
I just wanna be all alone
Monica (Don't Take It Personal)

If my life were a movie and every step I took was done to music, this would be the song for today. Why? I have no idea. I feel like I'm crashing off a high or something. I drove to work this morning with a scowl on my face. I've been silent all day because I don't have anything nice to say about nothing or nobody. At lunch today I sat outside in the courtyard of our cafeteria hoping to be alone. I wanted to broad over my emotions. What happens? Three people see me and come all the way outside to sit with me. WTF! Under normal circumstances I would have invited the company, but today I just wanted to scream, "Beat It White Boys!". I even ditched a co-workers b-day party this afternoon. I paid for it. I didn't want any funky cake.

Tears have been burning the back of my eyelids and a sigh has been stuck in my throat. I tried putting my feelings on paper this morning to see what my pen would say, but nothing came out. Nothing that should have me feeling so blue. I talked to my mother today and she could hear it. She asked me what was wrong. Of course, I said nothing, although I wanted to cry on the spot. I don't know what to say. Ummm...I woke up pissed off. It's Thursday. Mother nature is here. So, what. She has been to my house 170 times since I was 13...what's so special about this time? I just told my mother I was fine. She'll forget about it, I'm sure.

I've made a decision to stop talking to this guy I've recently become interested in.He doesn't know it, though. I don't think I'm that interested, for real. I woke up today and decided to stop calling him all together. No real reason why. He hasn't done anything wrong. I just don't have the energy or desire to get to know anyone at this time. Too much energy. I don't feel like playing the "Mating Game". I just want to fall into a comfortable rhythm without all the other stuff. He's leaving town today for a bachelor party and he come's back Sunday. If he calls me when he gets back we'll talk, if he doesn't...we won't.

I'm an Aries. Maybe that's the problem. I'm just being true to my nature...moody.

There is a party tonight. Everyone knows I'm Miss Socialite. I'm not going, though. I've opted to wash instead. That's unlike me. I've gotten phone calls and emails to see if I'm going. But, I'm not. Not interested. I'm even considering ditching this BBQ Saturday. I know...its only Thursday. But, I'm pissed off for the rest of the week. I'm in one of those funks. One of those...don't call me, I'll call you, but don't hold your breath because I'm cutting my phone off...moods. One of those...say the wrong thing to me in the wrong pitch and you might get cut and then pissed on for effect...moods.

On a high note, I sign the lease to my place this weekend. I'm a little excited about that. I like moving and decorating. I like the possibilities that moving into a new place bring. I'm also excited about my roommate. I like her. I've mentioned her before, Pfizer. She's cool and we're pretty similar, so she won't expect conversation when I don't feel like talking. She'll have her own life, so I won't feel like we're in a game of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and I'm her last life line. Trust me. Those kind of friendships are the worst.

Well, it's about time for me to get out of this sweatshop.

Fuck a Smooches...here's some spit on your cheek!

11 Comments:

Blogger Zurii said...

Hey Dynasty thought i'd drop by and say hey. I felt the same exact way today, I wanted to cry...it must be Boston!

July 20, 2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Chin up!!! up...Up...UP!!! It gets better Lil Sis...I been here so I know...it does get better.

July 20, 2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Aww, poor boo boo....we all have those days, go head and cry, it'll make you feel better...

Men don't understand...

July 20, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Wiping my face...Yuuuck.. You nasty..

You know what I do when i'm feeling shitty. I start dialing until I find someone who's problems are a worse than mine...Then I feel better.I know its messed up, but misery loves company..lol

July 20, 2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I am a moody Cancer so I can relate. I say have a good cry, watch a good movie, curl up with yourself and then Saturday night go out and have some fun.

Hang in there.

July 21, 2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Enigma said...

OK. Been there. Sometimes it is not just a mood. Check in with you to see if it is time for a change, and I mean a serious change in thought, belief etc. Thought it was just PMS a couple of times myself. Usually during that special time (LOL) unvarnished truth has a way of coming to the surface, whether it is about someone else or yourself. Sometimes it makes you cry or cuss someone out or walk away from folks or make you feel like ... sh**. It will all come out in the wash. Keep your head up.

July 21, 2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Yea that was some shit wasn't it ....I like when she said, she'll piss on you for effect...*lol*

Hilarious!!!!

July 21, 2006 10:19 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Just like when I was married, I'll come back when Mother Nature's gone!!!

KZ

July 21, 2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Girl keep that shit over there.........Naw, PMS is a bitch......i know after 13 yrs i still havent gotten used to tit....but sometiems it comes in handy :)

July 24, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

Hope you feel better, girl!

July 24, 2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

aww...I want to give you a hug right now...I'll be in Boston the weekend of August 12th...hopefully you'll be around and come to the party.

July 25, 2006 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com