Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Moving is a *Bleep*!

***Back to our regularly scheduled programming***

So, I moved this weekend! Pure Hell! We moved 2 apartments into one...We started at 9 in the morning and didn't end until 3 that afternoon. I have to give a shout out to everyone that helped me! Thanks a bunch. We had 6 men helping us. I think the only person you all may know is Skinny G from the Manlaw blog. He came over from start to finish...took my bed down, moved my stuff, my roommate's stuff and then put my bed back together. I know if I was exhausted by the end of the night, he had to be beat. We did have a minor set back, though. And, it was all my fault. I locked myself out of my old house. Skinny G was so brave. He climbed on my roof and was going to attempt to climb through an open window. Luckily, we tried the credit card trick on the top door and it worked. Skinny lived to breath another day...

I think I may open an U-haul franchise. I never understood just how much money they made until this weekend. My reservation was for 9 in the morning. I called myself getting there early at 8:45 . Yeah right. When I arrived there were 20 people already in line ahead of me and the place wasn't even open, yet. When I left, the line was out the door. There was this one guy returning his truck from the night before. He wanted to keep it for a few more hours because he wasn't done moving. They basically told him he had to turn the truck in or pay $200 each hour he kept it pass his reservation. His only other alternative was to put in a new reservation for the first available truck which was going to be the next day. WOW!

Between me and Pfizer (my new roomie) we will be unpacking for at least a month. Trying to walk through the house is like walking through a maze...shit is every where. Endless. I will admit that this is my favorite part of moving. Unpacking and rearranging. You get to recreate your space all over again. Buy new rugs. Pictures. Linen. I love it!

Being the party animal that I am, you know I'm already planning the first party. We've decided on Halloween as the date with the whole Halloween motif. That should give us enough time to get everything unpacked and organized. I'm thinking a mascarade party. Everyone will have to wear black. We're going to make black and orange (in the spirit of Halloween) mask to give to our guest at the door to wear the entire night. Each mask will be different. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Anywhoo...

I have work to do, so I'll holla at you later...

Smooches :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Nika Laqui said...

The joys of moving....yeah right!

August 01, 2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Count me in..ill be there....what area did u move to? and im dreading the day i move outta the penthouse.....

August 01, 2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

where'd you move to?

August 01, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

i hate moving...glad u survived!!!

August 01, 2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Moving sucks. My house is a mess and I still haven't went to the old place and cleaned and got out all garbage...things i want to throw away and decided not to take.

Stilt: I'm still in Boston. I just moved to another place in the Bean...

Missy: Put it like this...I'm not to far from Packy's...LOL!

August 01, 2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Robert: You should see how many bxes are sitting my living room, foyer and kitchen. My room is a mess. We have things to buy, hang up, rearrange. Being the perfectionist that I am, I refuse to have a gathering at my home unless everything is right...fully furnished, all pictures hung, etc.

I would love to decorate your place. Would I have an unlimited money supply? That would make it all the better...LOL!

August 02, 2006 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com