Sunday, August 20, 2006

Too Much, Too Soon...

They say that we shouldn't blame the next person for the last person's mistakes. You shouldn't go into every relationship thinking that person will do you like the last. You're suppose to let go of past hurts and problems and be free to love again...or at least like again? But, what happems when you do that and it all blows up in your face?

Am I naive to believe that there is someone out there for me? Am I naive to trust people and let people prove who they are instead labeling them off the past? Is there no such thing as a fairy tale? How many frogs do I have to kiss to find my Prince Charming?

Is there a such thing as giving too much, too soon? Shouldn't you give all that you have? I was always told that you get what you give. If you keep your hand closed, nothing can go out and nothing can come in. Does that also apply to the heart? What if you open your heart, but you keep getting bullshit? How do you filter that out? How does one tell a wolf in sheep's clothing?

Maybe it's me...that IS the common denominator...right?

Just thought I'd ask...

6 Comments:

Blogger Nika Laqui said...

This sounds like something Carrie wrote on Sex in the City...

I always look at it like that, that I'm the comon denominator, but at the same time, I wonder what did I do wrong?

Did I give too much, cause I like to give my all as well, but is that showing a sign of weakness or something?

I'm just as clueless as you are my dear...

August 20, 2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

I don't think your the common denominater. The dating game has changed Dy Dy..Brothas your age and mine want to have their cake and eat it too. We have too many options. White, asian, and latina women.That can cut into your black man supply.

Back in the day black women your age didn't have the competition they have now. So ofcourse as time went on the Black Woman became an after thought. Brothas were having so many problems with sista's they decided to broaden their horizons.

Its not your fault, but remember love comes in many colors, shapes and sizes.

August 21, 2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

It aint u ma..i used to question me and once i switched my game up, i knew thats not wha the problem is...at the same time we have been burned and scorned and fawked over so many times we have this defensive wall up. Same thing with men, they think women are so vulnerable and a coupla excuses/lies will solve the problem. I also believe BOYS want the opposite of what they really say they want. And i think they are SCARED.

August 21, 2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Men will try to get away with as much as we let them form the jump. I say trust your instincts - because for the most part they will be right 95% of the time.

August 21, 2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Nsane: Girl, That's how I feel. Like I'm living an episode of S&C. LOL! I know that I'm not doing anything wrong other than picking the wrong men. That's where I think my problems start. I try to give the benefit of the doubt and not judge people, but I'm starting to see that I just may need to start judging these niggas! The last fool I gave the benefit of the doubt to ended up trying to play me and now this shit. Then when I lash out, I'm going to be the bitch...Bullshit.

Slish: I'll take a Latino any day. Them brothers are fione!!!!

Missy: I have to agree on the scared part to certain point. Sometimes I wonder if that scared shit is game. I'm a cynic and raised in the streets...that taught me not to trust nothing I hear and only half of what I see. So, more often than not you're being approached with some bullshit, another game. The best liars will always be a few steps ahead of you making you think that you're smart when actually it was bullshit from the beginnig...

Now, I know all of this, but I want to end the cycle... as soon as I let my guard down....WTF!

Phoenix: That be the realest shit you ever wrote. My instincts are telling me that I'm going to have to be the Bitch I got the reputation for being and say fuck this sweet shit...it's for the birds! I got more respect from men when I was telling them to kiss my ass, but now I try to be cool and understanding...It won't happen again on my watch.

Robert: Great insight. I am definitely letting go and letting God.

August 21, 2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Filipinos are FINE too, but their members are soo small...*lol*

But yea, gimme a Latino, preferably a Puerto Rican or a Central American, no Mexicanos for the kid....we just might have to look outside our race as Slish mentioned...

August 21, 2006 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com