Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Food, Folks and Fun

What it do Blog Land?!

I'm back from Chicago. My original home. Thanks for all the well wishes. To all the "Inch High Private Eyes" : I AM FROM CHICAGO! LOL! So, I go home at least 6-8 times a year. I'm going home (Chicago) for Thanksgiving and Christmas. All you conspiracy theorist had my side hurting when I read the comments. I would have loved to see Robert while I was in town, but that wasn't the purpose of this trip or any other trip I've made to Chicago thus far. Please believe that if we "hook up" you all will be the first to know :)

Anywhoo...

I had a ball visting my family and friends. I spent a lot of time with my daughter. I pasted her picture below. I took the picture with my camera phone and for some reason it came out dark, but you should still be able to see it. She is damn near as tall as me and she's only 11. WTF? I guess I can't be too surprised. Her father is 6'6...LOL!

BZ: I gave her a lot of hugs and kisses. She started 7th grade last week at a new suburban school, so we spent a few hours going over her math to ensure that she was prepared and fully grasped everything she learned from 6th grade and the new math homework she had over the holiday. I'll be damned if they looked down on my inner city raised child as not having had a proper education.

Aside from hanging out with my family, I got to see my boy Japan. He and I have been in each other's lives for 10 years. We've dated off and on before I went to college, while I was in college and even since I've been living in Boston. We've both had other relationships. His ass was even engaged for a brief stint and I had a boyfriend for 3 years while in college. Through it all we have remained friends. Hanging out with him is like Linus and his blanket...comfortable. There are so many times that I come to Chicago and I'll just chat with him over the phone, but we won't connect because I'm busy. I mean, shit, I know a lot of people and try to spread my time out amongst my family and friends when I come home. Sometimes, I'll go home and won't tell anyone I'm in town. So, this weekend I decided to catch up with one of my oldest friends and paint the town red.

Thursday Night we went to this Sports Bar named Jordans on Maxwell. A nice chill spot near UIC's campus. I recommended to any die hard sports fans for football season. They have flat screens everywhere...all over the walls, in the booths and even in the bathrooms... The food was just okay, but the music and ambiance was worth it. Besides, all you need is some chicken and beer to watch a game.

Friday was me time with my family and neighborhood friends. People that I grew up with whose families still stay next door to me. My girl friend of about 15 years just bought a home and she had a housewarming party. Me and my daughter went to her house. My daughter and her daughter are bestfriends along with the daughter of this other girl I've been knowing for over 10 years. Funny how things work out.

Saturday, me, Japan, his boy Shaq (cause he's that tall, big and black) met up with his boy Football (I promise that's his real nickname) at the Chicago City Classic. Mississippi Valley State played Arkansas Pine Bluff in the battle of the bands at Soldier Field Stadium. Mississippi beat the pine off that Bluff. The score was like 10-0. WTF! On the other hand, Pine Bluff's band was the Shiznit! The cheerleaders seemed to be competition status. The band leaders freaked the ground and were sexy. The band was in sync with one another and with the music they were trying to imitate. Mississippi was WACK! The dancers were more like strippers. The cheerleaders looked like they were over doing cheers from grammer school. The bands uniforms didn't even match the football player's jerseys. What's that all about. We left when the game was over and opted to miss the band finale. I couldn't stand another minute of sitting out there in them damn seats. The Hawk was hovering over the city, so I was ready to go.

All the parking lots were jumping. I'm talking major tailgating. DJ's, speakers, BBQ grills, liquor and black folks peacefully having a good time. From the walk from the stadium to my boy who was camped out with the Que's, who had it rocking outside with the Omega Oil out the back of a uhaul and a DJ set-up, I ran into several people from college. All greek of course. Man I miss Chicago and I almost missed college. Seeing all the Old-heads and some Neo's of all Frat's and Sororities out there representing made me want to throw up my pinky and start strolling. LOL! I refrained, though. I grabbed me a cup of that Omega Oil, faded to the back and people watched to see who else I knew. When I finally did make it back to the car my phone was blowing up with people telling me that they heard I had just left and they were mad that they missed me. I'm over here smiling just thinking about it...LOL!

Sunday Night, me and Japan went to the Ice Bar for Football's birthday party. I really had a good time. I don't know how much I can stress that. There was a comedian on stage when we arrived and I promise he had to be the funniest comedian I have seen in a long time and that includes Charlie Murphy. I want to tell his jokes, but I think something may get lost in translation from the way I remembered the joke and how I actually type, so you'll have to take my word for it...LOL! Once the Comedian exited stage right, the DJ got it crunk. That's when all the hoochies who had been eyeballing the ballers decided to make their moves...LOL! Have you ever seen a golddigger in action? For real? That has to be the funniest shyt ever! Nothing like a Chicago rat for you! Japan and I took a picture at the club. You know how the man walks around the club all night with the expensive camera taking pictures that he produces in the back in under 10 minutes?! We took one of those, so I can't post it until I scan it...very low on my list of priorities right now. It may be a minute if at all. By the end of the night I was wasted. I love partying with men because they keep your glass full. As I was sipping the last of one drink, Japan was handing me another. LOL!

Needless to say, I slept in really late Monday morning. To my astonishment, I didn't even have a hangover... I spent Monday in and around the house trying to get the last moments I would with family seeing as though my flight left the following morning. My daughter and I played Monoply, watched TV, I combed her hair for school, ate all the good leftover food from when my mother cooked and chilled.

Tuesday, I was extremely sad to leave. Although, I always leave with nice parting gifts. My mother bought me some jewelry from the African fest, that I didn't get around to going to, and a big jar of Shea butter that she swears will cure anything. LOL!

There were a lot of people I didn't get the opportunity to link up with, but I'm sure I'll catch them next time.

So, how was your weekend?!

Smooches :)

14 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

First - welcome back.

Okay - your daughter looks just like you. I thought your post was going to be somechildhood story when I saw the photo. anywho, sounds like you had a really good time, but for real - "football" can't be dudes gov't name.

Pinky - yuk. You shoulda got down with the red and white. LOL it's all love.

Peace.
Ooop-skee

Phoenix

September 06, 2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Phoenix: Thanks! I hope you had a good holiday, too. That's my little twin...or should I say my bigger twin because that child will definitely be taller than me.

His real name is Johnny...LOL!

It's all love...Beside you know that Red is nothing but intense Pink :) Skee-Ooop!

Just Me: Thanks! I'll pass the compliment on. I love seeing my family and friends. Those are the only people you can really let your hair down with and not worry about being judged...

September 07, 2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Inch high? Neva that!

I'm glad you had a good time, though.

KZ

September 07, 2006 8:26 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Your daughter is a mini you! So cute. I bet you were both happy to be together.

Sounds like you had a good time at home. Stay away from that Omega Oil...you know that mess will wreck you. :)

September 07, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

She is soooo cute!!!

Glad you kicked it hard....
I'm mad I wasn't there....

September 07, 2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

yOUR DAUGHTER LOOks like u......I wanna go to a football game. IM dying to get to Howards HOmecoming....

September 07, 2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Zed: Ok. 6 foot high Private Eye...LOL!

1969: I only had one cup. I know the havoc that mess can reek. I have seen that mess in action...LOL!

Nsane: I'll be back for both Thanksgiving and Christmas...I'll catch you then.

Robert: Don't be scared of the rats...you know how you and the basement smells go...LOL! YOu will never live that one down.

She is already starting to smell herself and call herself liking boys...Makes me nervous...

Missy: I've never been to HU Homecoming neither. I hear it's off the hook... Her attitude is like mines, too...

September 07, 2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Awwwwwwwwww look at the little Soror in training...I see you all up and through her....BEAUTIFUL!! She gone be breaking hearts in about 5 more minutes, watch!

Japan...ummmm soooo what you feeling like? He sounds like he got some potential...and ya'll vibe too. Ok I know you sick of me trying to hook you up. My vote is still for the Mack'ster...*said in my chuck Woolery voice* (Hush up Rob, let me handle this).

Football...he cute? I like big, black men LOL!! Go on and give him my number LMAO

Glad you had a good weekend Momma!! Looking forward to your coming to the ATL soon!

September 07, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Glad to read that you had fun going home. You're daughter is adorable.

If you're not doing anything on the 23rd, you should come down for the Whitney M. Young Classic between Morgan State and Hampton University. It's hyped as the biggest tailgate party in the East and has yet to disappoint. The game isn't that bad either.

September 07, 2006 10:21 PM  
Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

Wow that sounds nice!

Your kid is really cute!

My weekend was good. Sex and drama in hige doses but it was good.

September 08, 2006 2:12 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! And holy crap, your daughter looks JUST LIKE YOU! That tilted-head smile and everything! LOL

September 08, 2006 8:29 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

RD: When she was about 5, I had her wearing "AKA in Training" shirts...LOL!

Me and Japan is a love story that won't be read unless I move back to Chicago. When I first moved to Boston we tried the long distance thing and it didn't work. So, that's a no go.

You know Robert Mack is somewhere reading what you wrote blushing...LOL!

Girl, I'll be there for 5 days, so you know we're going to party and bullshit!

O: Thanks for the invite. I might just have to take you up on that offer. You're nothing but a hop, skip and a jump away from me.

Mistress: Sex and drama in huge doses...I'm going to have to come over there and read up on your weekend...LOL! You never disappoint.

BZ: LOL!!!!

September 08, 2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

UM Dynasty if u go there, holla....to New york that is

September 08, 2006 9:58 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

@ Dynasty & Negropino . . . if you decide to come down, drop me an e-mail and let me know. We can definitely make a weekend out of it. NYC bloggers are always looking for an excuse to take over a bar on Friday nights and Will and I are throwing a party after the game on Saturday night.

September 08, 2006 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com