Friday, September 15, 2006

I Hope There Will B-More in B-More...

...Than Fayatte Street and Hilltop...That's a reference to The Wire if you didn't catch it.

Your girl is on her way to Baltimore this weekend for an impromptu visit. Jet Setter is my middle name. One of my friends is on the East Coast for a Dental Conference and asked me to fly down to kick it for the weekend. He and I have been friends for a few years. We met in Boston while he was here completing his dental residency. He's a very positive brother that has been nothing but encouraging to me and my goals. You know the person that you can bounce ideas off of and pick his brain. He talks to me about his issues and vice verse. He moved to Houston last year soon after we met to start working at a clinic and then to open his own practice. He just opened his practice in May, so I'm looking forward to celebrating his successes this weekend. He always tries to get me to fly to Houston or meet him wherever he is on business, but my schedule is usually full or I'm out of town already. It just so happens that I'm free this weekend.

Anyway, The conference ends today, so we'll have the rest of the weekend to party, bullshit and catch up. Of course I jumped at the opportunity to take a free trip! I'm so bad. I've never been to Baltimore, so I'm looking forward to adding it to my list of visited cities. Not to mention, I talked to my girl Dora yesterday. You may remember her from earlier posts. She just moved to the Maryland DC area last week, so I get to drop in on her. Which reminds me...I need to call and tell her that I'm coming.

Am I silly for wanting to ride down on West B-More? You know that The Wire casts people straight from the city? For instance, I just found out that they got Felicia straight out of jail. You know the Boy looking Broad that bought the drill from the store? Her. I doubt I'm able to go over in that area, though. My boy is kind of bougie and probably won't want to troll the hood...LOL!

Anywhoo...

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend.

Smooches :)

12 Comments:

Blogger 1969 said...

I used to live in Baltimore. Great city. Trust me, the hood is the hood. But in Baltimore, the hood is fairly depressing. Very drug ridden and sad.

You will have to check out the whole Inner Harbor area, of course. Lots of good restaurants and nice hotels.

The seafood restaurant, Pisces, at the top of the Hyatt is especially nice.

September 15, 2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Yeah....i dont think u wanna roll thru WEst Bmore in a rental with out of state plates...they dont like outta towners...its really like dat there. Be careful. Downtown and the harbor area is nice though. If u really want hood hit up Mandawmin. Thats the mall. But WHite Marsh and Arundel Mills prolly be more your speed. Have fun. DOes he have any cute brothers? Im in need of a free trip too

September 15, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I wish I had read this earlier. I went to school in Baltimore and I will be the first to tell you, coming from NYC, West Baltimore is a place that I didn't want to be caught in in the middle of the day. And forget what negropino said, stay away from Mandawmin Mall. They call it "Murder Mall". Stick with White Marsh, Arundel Mills and Towson Town Center.

September 15, 2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger POPS said...

he ain't bougie!

September 15, 2006 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had saw this earlier. Baltimore is a great place. It has great seafood restaurants like Moes, G&M, and Burke's. If you stay out the hood you be ok.

September 17, 2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

I've never been there. Hope you had a good time.

September 17, 2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

Park Heights, baby! :-) I hope you had a good time! I want to hear all about it when you return!

September 18, 2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Why do I feel like there is more than dental hygiene going on between you and this dentist...lol

September 18, 2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

HOpe she made it home ALIVE!!!!!!

September 19, 2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

You went to MD when you knew I wasn't around...mad at chu! And I hope you stayed the fuk outta West B'more...that shyt is seriously a fukin war zone. That TV shyt plays out in real life and I consider myself adventures but West B'more isn't an adventure that shyt is just straight danger...

DETAILS PLEASE...we waiting!

September 19, 2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Hey Everyone!

Missy: I am alive. I have just been hella busy with work and tired.

Royce: I am definitely going to blog about it tomorrow...more than likely...

Slish: You should already know that I'm not going to spill ALL the beans :)

POPS: He. Is. Bougie. LOL!

Smooches :)

September 19, 2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger a.Marie said...

Interesting post.

One!

September 22, 2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com