Saturday, September 09, 2006

Reflections

When is enough, enough?

This question can be applied to every situation...

When is enough food enough?
When is enough sleep enough?
When is enough alcohole enough?
When is enough bullshit enough?

That's the question I've been asking myself a lot lately... Nothing really sparked this reflection. I just woke up Friday and said aloud, Enough is Enough!

Promptly, this revelation pushed me to clean out my closet. I didn't go around searching for things to throw away. I decided that my cleaning would have a passive aggressive feel about it. I decided to lay low like a rattlesnake and if something got in my way or I tripped over something then and only then would I strike. So, if you didn't call Friday, then you were spared hearing the truth about you. If you did and you said the wrong thing or inquired about my piss poor mood and I had beef then I told you what the issue was.

I know some of you are reading this and thinking, "Dynasty, that's how you end up saying things that you really don't mean or doing things that you would later want to take back." Wrong. Everything I decided to "throw away" in my closet were things that needed to go, but I just didn't have the strength to rid myself of them. So, I won't take it back. That's not my personality. If I said it, I meant it. I won't apologize. That's how I felt at the time. My feelings can change, but that's about it.

I think I offended someone Friday, though. I reread the emails and for the life of me I can't figure out why my realness offended that person. I mean...I did wish them good luck in everything they were trying to persue. He didn't even wish me the same. That hurt, but it let me know that I was right in my decision to sever the quasi-friendship...I mean, it never was much of a friendship to begin with. It didn't fulfill any purpose in me. I know that sounds mean. But, it's the truth....Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that that person is a bad person. That's not what I mean. This is what I mean....

Everyone is put into each other's lives for a reason. The reason could be for your growth or for theres. Once the reason has been fulfilled then it's time to move on. That goes for everything in life....relationships, friendship, work. I just think our "friendship" was meant more for them than for me. I can accept that and I know when to keep it moving. Such is life. A good friend pointed out to me that I may have grown in some way from the "friendship that really wasn't". (not his exact words, but what I took from it). I agree. So maybe my inital claim that I got nothing out of the friendship is untrue.

Being a friend or at least trying to be a friend and caring about a person fulfilled something in me. I tried to help him through his trials, but also helped myself in the process. Maybe that's why it was so easy for me to end the friendship. The reason for our meeting was more mine than his, so I was able to recognize the end. Hmmm...Growth. I like it. Just sitting over here thinking about all the situations I've endured that have shaped who I am has me excited about all the situations I have yet to endure.

So, to him I say, Thank you! Thank you for giving me the chance to grow. For showing me that I'm capable of giving and not just recieving. For allowing me to even be a part of that small section of your life...For trusting me with your emotions. But, Still....

Enough was Enough...

Smooches :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

Very thoughtful post.

I've ended similar relationships and you always feel much lighter when it's over. Some friendships aren't meant to last and there's nothing wrong with eliminating people from your life when it's necessary.

September 09, 2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

All this covert, poetic wording...TELL US THE STORY DAMMIT!!!! UNCLE SLISHY GOT SPIES...I'll find out...cause enough is enough!!! lol

September 09, 2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

LMAO @ Slish!!!

As for this post...AWESOME! Cleaning house periodically is important for our own mental and spiritual evolution. Everyone is not meant to walk the entire journey with us and holding on to them just for comforts sake can prove more harm then good at times. We need to be able to recognize just when enough really is enough and cut our loses so that we can move on.

You inspired me (lemme go make a phone call)...THANKS!

September 10, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I'm with Royce's Daughter . . . hey, that has a nice ring to it . . . anyway, cleaning out your closet is good for your mental well being and now is as good a time as any for all of us to do it. Thanks for the inspiration.

September 10, 2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

Oh I know what you mean! It's funny, cuz I'm about to post the "I just cut all my losses and am free to roam about the cabin" type sh*t, myself. HAHAHA

September 11, 2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Cut the dead weight girl, before you drown!

Good for you. Not every friendship needs cultivating.

September 11, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

anD here i was thinking u was really cleaning out that closet of yours......you gotta do that sometimes ya know. And it might seem easy and u dont feel anything but that doesnt mean that it was for nothing or u dont have feelings. IM the same way.

September 11, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

This is what grown folks do. They realize that life is too short for the bullshit and they let go of things that are no longer productive. It can seem harsh or mean, but that is because certain people expect women to take everything without saying boo. You did the right thing. I always say...do you.

September 11, 2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

I feel that....

When its time its time....
Some people can't handle the truth, but at least knowing that you got the truth off your chest, made you feel better...

September 11, 2006 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com