Wednesday, October 04, 2006

NBMBA Conference Part 1: Stanking Ass OMNI Hotel

I think I leaned and rocked wit it too much because I came back from ATL sore and tired. I had to take Monday off just to recuperate.

OMNI Hotel


First let me start by staying. I will never, never, ever, ever stay at another OMNI. Especially, not the OMNI in ATL. Where do I begin? I know I told you about my dirty room check-in experience in the last post, but that's not where it ended.

Wednesday, I got up posted on this blog, got dressed and met some people for lunch. I made it back to the hotel about 7 and I had dinner plans with the team at 8. When I walk in my hotel room to check email before dinner I noticed that the room had been cleaned. Great!

Wrong!

I go into the bathroom and there is this brown residue that seems to have leaked from under the rim of the sink bowl and dried in the sink. I didn't trip. I called down to the front desk and told them the problem asking them to have it cleaned by the time I return from dinner.
So, I come back from a nasty dinner at McCormick & Schmicks and drinks at the hotel bar around 1 in the morning. I come in get undressed, throw on my sleep clothes, wrap my hair and prepare to brush my teeth and wash my face. I go in the bathroom and there is still some brown shit in the damn sink. Now, I'm mad and disgusted. In 24 hours I have 2 problems. WTF! I immediately get on the phone with the operator to vent and ask for assistance.

Let me make this statement before I continue:

I can be ignorant when I want to be depending on the situation and the audience. But, I have learned that you get more respect and better responses in situations like this if you talk to people with some sense in a firm manner without using curse words or raising your voice.

So, I get this country ghetto bitch on the phone that's pissed that her stupid ass is sitting in a hotel answering phones at 1 in morning. So, I proceed to tell her the issue and that I'm pissed because I haven't even been here 24 hours and have 4 more days to go. Mind you, I'm using my educated way of talking because I didn't want her to shut down before I even got started. It didn't matter. She gets all huffy and starts telling me how it's not her fault because she just got there. I tell her ass that she is a representative of the hotel and she needs to ensure that my stay is comfortable and to get someone up there to do their damn job!


Rule #1 in Customer Service: SHUT UP AND LISTEN!
Rule #2 in Customer Service: FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM!

This bitch decides to put me on hold. So, I hang up and call right back asking her for her name she immediately puts me on hold. So, I hang up and call a 3rd time and this time she immediately transfers me to the front desk. This is when Victor answers the phone and he's just as rude as her. So, I ask for the manager and he tells me that he?ll take a message. Bullshit! Who Shit?! Victor's Shit because I wasn't going to sit and wait to be gotten back to. He didn't know who he was talking to. I told his ass to have the manager meet me at the desk NOW; I'm on my way down. You would have thought I was Clark Kent changing into Superman! I unwrapped my hair, changed clothes and ran out the room. I mean, I had to look good. You never know who you might meet.


So, I get down to the desk and I immediately tell the other guy at the front desk to get Victor, the ghetto chick in the back and manager out here now. 2 seconds later the manager, Sal, comes out the back to speak to me. At the top of my voice, I start talking about how horrible the service was. He quickly tries to usher me away from the guest who were checking in?LOL! Long story short, I know too late...I tell him everything that happened and how I was pissed seeing as though my company prepaid for 20 $200 a night rooms in that damn hotel and I wouldn't stand for the disrespect. He and I walked back to my room and mysteriously the mark was gone, but you could see where it was coming from under the rim of the sink. His first offer was to Comp the room for a night, but I declined since it was already paid for. His next offer was Breakfast and Dinner for 2 with no price limit at the hotel restaurant. I'll take it. Thank you very much.

My main issue wasn't that the sink wasn't cleaned. I would have been fine if they would have just come up and cleaned it. My issue was the dirty bitch that answered the phone and the ignant African at the front desk. I'll be damned if I'm spending my money and get treated anything less than proper. You feel me?


I'll end this post here because it's already longer than I anticipated. I'll post part 2 about the actual conference later.


Smooches :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Hey Lil Sis LOL!!!?glad you made it back to Boston safely and SORRY we didn?t connect while you were in the A?my Saturday was ridiculous (I know I owe you now)!!! Ok so you want TRUTH too hunh? Here you go?what?s the one thing you?ve done in your personal life in the last 6 months that you completely regret?

October 04, 2006 3:23 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

oh and FIRST...now lemme go read this blog!!! The first post was for your truth or dare question...

October 04, 2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Hey Dynasty....you were right to be ticked off.

If I were you, I would write a letter to Omni's General Manager and complain....you will get some sort of personal compensation.

October 04, 2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Should of stayed at the Marriott....right 1969 LOL!! No seriously why I saw the whole thing play out. Thank God it wasn't me though cause I get my azz all fired up using the dayum F word everytime

October 04, 2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Hey you did the right thing. but I agree with 1969 write the letter and get some kind of compensation. I'm glad you didn't have to get GHETTO on their country azzes.

October 04, 2006 5:26 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

RD....Marriott, Renaissance or Ritz Carlton. Any of those brands work for me. LOL

October 05, 2006 8:40 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Royce: Hey Chica! No biggie. Yes, you do owe and I won't forget it...LOL!

The chick was willing me to curse her dumb ass out, but I didn't.

1969: I always have a good stay at the Marriott. I've only had the opportunity to stay at the Ritz once in ATL and it was nice, but not impressive. That could be because I had such high expectations walking through the door.

Phoenix & 1969: I definitely intend on writing a letter!!!!

October 05, 2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This shit is classic...LMAO right now...Bullshit !! Who Shit !! Classic !!! Victor and Ghetto diva needed they're asses beat down and fired.

October 09, 2006 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com