Monday, October 30, 2006

Re-UNITED & it feels so good

I got reunited with my luggage today. UNITED Airlines ''misplaced'' it on my way back into Boston last night. I know, I know...I'm forever going some where. Thankfully, it was delivered to me at work this afternoon...after I almost made a girl cry on the phone. You should have heard the relief in her voice when she told me that my luggage had arrived in Boston and would be delivered promptly. You would have thought her life depended on it. Well, it did.

Speaking of me being out of town this weekend, I made a little impromptu visit to my Special Someone. It wasn't unplanned per se, but I didn't get the bright idea to visit until last week, so that's kind of spontaneous...right? I wanted to go and visit so bad to make sure we really meshed. I've learned my lesson about wasting time with out of town men only to realize you are better over the phone than in person. Needless to say, the weekend went off without a hitch. Ok, ok, without any major glitches.

We are two vastly different people. He's a Virgo and I'm an Aries. That speaks volumes. He's calmer, cool and collected...I'm a fire cracker! He likes math, I like to read. The differences in our personalities go on and on and on. Some people think it's best to be with someone just like you. I'm not sure that I subscribe to that philosophy, though. Why do I need someone just like me? What do I learn from that relationship? Where is the growth in that? I won't even mention the fun and excitement. I like to learn new things, go new places, meet new people. Break up the monotony! Look at it like this...What would peanut butter be without jelly? Just a plain ole peanut butter sandwich that sticks to the roof of your mouth. You feel me?

So, I enjoyed our different perspectives colliding this weekend. And, I look forward to a lot more ummmm...collisions.

Smooches :)

20 Comments:

Blogger G. Mo said...

Awwwwwwww sookie sookie!!!!!

October 30, 2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

And somewhere in Chicago, a tear is shed . . . *jk*

Glad you had fun this weekend. Good luck with your special someone.

October 30, 2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

VIRGOS RULE THE WORLD!!! sorry...i can't help it sometimes...collision on sista...

October 31, 2006 8:15 AM  
Blogger Enigma said...

I know how it can be at airports and having airlines lose your luggage. I am glad yoy got it back or else would have been called Dynasty Airlines - I am sure!

October 31, 2006 8:24 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

G.Mo: LOL!

Organized: Now, who would be in Chicago shedding a tear for me??? BTW: I keep trying to into your blog...

Sarccastik: Not too sure about that...but, the do rule something else...

Enigma: You got that right!

October 31, 2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Gotta love those collisions LOL

October 31, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

I can't be with someone too much like me. We would be arguing all the damn time. 2 Sags would just be way too blunt with each other. So, Dynasty. I see you are just a member of the jet set, you always on the go.

October 31, 2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Go on Soror. Enjoy the time with your special someone.

My husband and I are total opposites. Cancer and Libra. There are times when I hate the differences and times when I appreciate them.

Good luck with this one!

October 31, 2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

I wanna COLLIDE with somebody too.....i damn sure dont want nobody like me can u imganie that..it would be a mess..but my ex is my opposite and tryna get him to do stuff with me or stuff i like is like pulling teeth..we bonded over football thouhg

October 31, 2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Honey: Tell me about it. That is until you get a headache from all he head butting...LOL!

T: I know what you mean. I'm an Aries and me with another Aries and a recipe for disaster. Jet Set is my middle name!

1969: Big Sis, that's what I plan on doing...enjoying the time.

Negro: LOL!

October 31, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger TTD said...

my last trip.. i thought they lost one of my luggages.. i know u was heating cause i was about to be upset!

October 31, 2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

See and thats why I dont check my bags in...i take them on with me.....

October 31, 2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I hate losing my bags. After my last trip to ATL I think I will only be doing carry-on luggage. I hate when that happens. I know they find 99% of lost luggage, but knowing my luck I will be that 1% they don't find.

I think opposites can attract. I once dated a computer engineer and he was a math geek and like to stay home since he worked a lot. I liked to party and drink a lot. However, we had amazing chemistry and he taught me so much. I taught him how to speak French and how to loosen up a bit. It was fun.

October 31, 2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

The conspicuous absence of sex talk has disrupted The Force.

I am troubled.

KZ

October 31, 2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger Lāā said...

Glad you got your bags back. That happened to me once and I was so heated (can you imagine lol) but they found it and drove 1 1/2 hours to return it to me. But I pack too much to only have carry on's.

October 31, 2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger Enigma said...

ROB: I aint know it was like that... Dynasty making worldwide Brothers shed tears!!!


LAA: That carry-on thing is the thing, but what about the random checks?

October 31, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger G. Mo said...

I'm with Missy on this one. I NEVER check my bags. If I can't carry it on the plane, then I don't need to take it. I've lost my luggage enough times in the past to never wanna check bags again.

October 31, 2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

@ Rob Mack . . . Let me find out Dynasty is a worldwide heartbreaker.

@ Dynasty . . . you aren't the only one to tell me that. I'm gonna open it up for a while until I can get this straighten out.

October 31, 2006 8:48 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

Lookatcha! Glad you had a good time, girl! I want to hear more about SpecialSomeone. And you know you need to bring him around when he comes to visit you!

November 01, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww this is great. I guess that means that we'll be seeing a lot more of you in the area. Drinks next time NO EXCUSES!!! Oh and keep me posted on this potential love thang developing...

November 01, 2006 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com