Friday, November 17, 2006

Turkey Day


I know this is an early shout out to Thanksgiving, but I'll be stepping away from the blog for a week for a much needed vacation to Chicago! While, I'm there I will not be thinking about this damn blog. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss you and your lives dearly. However, I'm stepping away from the computer to spend time with family and friends. I'll do my bestest to record any eventful, funny or noteworthy happenings, but I can't promise anything. My memory isn't the greatest.

In advance, here is a list of things I have to be Thankful for this year:
  • My daughters health. She has Sickle Cell Anemia and she made it through the year without needing to be hospitalized one time. She has had Pnemonia (sp) twice in the past that has required blood transfusions and blood transfers to allow her body to fight off the infection. This year her health has been supurb!
  • My health and sanity. Over the last few months things have been real hectic in my life, yet I keep a smile on my face.
  • Options. I marvel at the fact that I am a woman with many options. Where do I want to live, where do I want to work, who do I want to date, where should I vacation for my birthday, how much MORE money should I put in savings, etc. I'm not limited in my thinking or in life. That's a blessing that we take for granted. Some people don't have any options.
  • Friends. That includes the one's I've made on this blog and the one's in real life. The people that don't know me from Adam, yet they comment on my blog and give real good advice. The people that keep in touch with me and my comings and goings just because. The people that love me for me and wouldn't change a thing about me. Because only true friends realize that my quirks, idiosyncrasies, attitude and outlook are the things that make me me...SPECIAL!
  • God. He's first in my life, but I put Him last on my list. Why? Because I wanted to first show you what good things I have to be thankful for, then I wanted to show you why. I have these things because I know God and His Greatness. Trust me, he has carried me throughout my life and without HIM and the undeniable faith that through Him all things are possible I wouldn't be here today. You should get to know Him, too!

So, what do you have to be thankful for?

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Smooches :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Miz JJ said...

I am thankful for the health of myself and my family.

I am also thankful for my great friends who have held it down for me this year during some trying times. I love my girls.

November 17, 2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger BK said...

great things to be thankful for!!! and I didn't know you had a daughter.. I'm thankful that she is ok because I know how sickle cell can hurt!!! I have watched many friends suffer.. bless you and your lil one!!!


I'm thankful for ME.. God has continually blessed me and has brought me through the good, bad and in between times.. no questions asked and I am always on top.. I'm thankful that I will be moving into my new home right after thanksgiving.. and I'm thankful for my daughter whose birthday is thanksgiving.. no better blessing than that!

November 17, 2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

I'm just thankful that I am alive and kicking. And that my birthday is 2 days after thanksgiving.

November 17, 2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger POPS said...

call 'em quirks if ya want

November 19, 2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

glad to hear someone's genuine in their thanks. Most people are just thankful they got a PS3.

November 20, 2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

I'm thankful for my ability to survive at all costs and family and friends who keep me grounded and sane

November 20, 2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Those blessings are real! Enjoy the holiday with Little Miss Dynasty. Be safe.

November 20, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Enigma said...

I am thankful for alot of stuff but God is truly at the on high with me. Good Post Dynasty...

November 21, 2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger TTD said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

hope you have fun in chi-town!

November 22, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

have fun in Chicago. I'm thankful for the basic things in my life

November 24, 2006 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com