And, the Saga Continues
What it do Blogland?!
Thanks for all of your well wishes on my date. I had a spectacular time at the game on Friday. Of course, the Celtics lost. BOO! Sorry G.Mo! Hershey (dude I took to the game. This is his new name) was fresh to def and he smelled good, too. I'm definitely feeling his swagger . Gorgeous I tell you!
Friday night after getting an unnecessary phone call with drama attached, Hershey scooped me and we headed to the game. We rode seperately from my Mentor and her guy because I wanted to spend some uninterrupted "getting to know you" time with Hershey. Perfect Gentlemen...opened the door, dropped me off at the front of the TD Banknorth Garden (Fleet Center) while he found a parking spot, led me to our seat and then went back and got our refreshments. Who said chivalry was dead?!
Now this was cute: While we were in the car I told him that I wasn't eating anymore meat with the exception of Chicken and Fish. When were were walking through the stadium we were both commenting on how good the hot-dogs were smelling. I commented on how I really would love a hot-dog, but would settle on Chicken Fingers. Mind you, I said it with a pout. He came back with 2 orders of Chicken Fingers. I was shocked because I just knew he was getting a hot-dog because he had just said how he would like one, too. While handing me my food he said and I quote, "I didn't think it would be nice of me to eat a hot-dog in front of you when I know you really want one and can't eat it." :)
During the game we talked about his favorite sports teams and stuff like that. He thanked me profusely for inviting him especially since the seats were the bomb. 1 in Da Same, I don't think I got on TV. I mean, I didn't even get to dance on the Jumbotron. I know I'm corny...LOL! We ended the night after the game. I wasn't really feeling well. I've been sick lately with a sore throat and a cough. I wanted to go home and drink some Theraflu and get in the bed. So, he dropped me off at home, walked me to the door and promised to call soon.
***Saturday***
Early in the afternoon I made plans with my girl VP to do dinner later in the evening along with her other friend and an acquaintance of mine Nip/Tuck, she's a plastic surgeon. I know! I know a Plastic Surgeon. Never know when that may come in handy...LOL! I digress. Anyway, we decided to do Sushi and made tentative plans to either go to this Fundraising event or Blue Wave, a club. VP's sister's Firm was hosting the event, so her sister was going regardless and was suppose to text us to let us know if the atmosphere was something we would be interested in partaking in. Blue Wave was plan B.
After hanging up with her, I made me some Ramen Noodles, (yes, I still eat those. Plus, with this no Red Meat thing my options are limited...LOL!) and curled up with a book. I read the entire book in 2 hours... It was that good. It's a ghetto book by Wahida Clark titled, "Every Thug Needs A Lady". It's the second installment of a series of three. Ghetto, but entertaining and very well written. Honestly, I'll read just about anything. Speaking of books, I also just purchased, "Pursuit of Happiness." It's the book of the movie that Will Smith is in. It's a very inspiring story that I thought I'd rather read than see at the movies. I'm going to start on that tonight.
No sooner than I finish the book Hershey was ringing my phone. Imagine the surprise. I didn't think I would hear from him until Sunday or something. He was on his way to a Housewarming party and wanted to see if I was feeling better...awwww. I informed him of my plans and suggested he stop through where ever I ended up. He agreed and we hung up.
Dinner was great! Lively conversation. Good food mixed with a couple glasses of wine and I was cool. We decided on Blue Wave since VP's sister never called us...LOL! We figured she got caught up in her guy who accompanied her to the event. Didn't matter to me. I was feeling like R&B and Hip-hop anyway and not Networking and conversation...you feel me? So, I hit up Hershey and he said he'd meet me there. As a matter of fact, he beat me there. He was sitting down at a table right next to the dance floor when we walked in. He immediately took our drink orders while us girls got situated at the table. Right after we walked in his brother rolled through from his company's Christmas party. He's just as fine as Hershey, except he's about 6 feet or less and has a Caramel complexion without the bald head. They look just alike, though.
We danced for about a half an hour, then we posted up at the table laughing, talking about people and watching Nip/Tuck get her dance on. I swear, if I didn't know she was a doctor I would have thought she was a dancer in videos...LOL! At one point in the night when some Regga came on Nip/Tuck started Dutty Wining and pissed some girls off! LOL! If you don't know what that is You Tube it. Let me paint the picture, Nip/Tuck is about 5'9, Chocolate, wears a fade, and shapely...she's also from Ghana. Honestly, she's model beautiful. So, she's over there doing the dance swinging her head around in circles and getting a lot of attention. I must admit she looked really good doing the dance. Shiiiitttt. These two skank bitches caught wiff of all the attention she was getting and they started popping and shaking and throwing their heads in circles. Me and Hershey were damn near on the floor laughing...LOL! As a matter of fact one girl swung her head so hard she got dizzy and fell. What does she do???? Start popping on the floor. I was done after that...LOL! We bounced after they played my song, "Irreplaceable", but not before we made plans to see Blood Diamonds on Sunday.
***Sunday***
I started the day off with the Lord at the 8am service. My Cuz scooped me and we went to his church, Morning Star. I've visited twice over the last 3 years, but I haven't been since they built the new church. I was pleasently surprised. The sermon dealt with Joy and how to get it in your life. Needless to say, tears ran down my face throughout the entire sermon. I swear God knows how to talk to you.
After church, my cousin, this married couple and myself went over to JP to this diner called Serrellis...I may be spelling it wrong. Anyway, the food was great! Again, another day of lively conversation. I left there with an invite to the married couple's Christmas party this upcoming Saturday, which I accepted. They're originally from Memphis, in their early 30's, funny and she's a soror. So, I'm really looking forward to it. See, this is how I end up with so much stuff to do in Boston. I have several circles of friends, although occasionally there is some overlap amongst circles.
When I finally made it home I hoped I would be able to get a nap in. Wrong! Skinny G wanted to stop through and see something on my On Demand. Then, I talked to Hershey and he wanted to catch the 3:20 movie in Randolf and it was already 1. I said F it and chit-chatted with my roommate until I decided to change clothes.
Hershey came through looking so Fresh and so clean, again! It's been a minute since I've actually been out on a date with a man that met all of my physical specifications. So, excuse me if I keep repeating how handsome he is. I've been settling lately. Anyway, we had some more good conversation on the way to the movie theatre. You know, filling each other in on background information. For instance, he's been engaged. I mean the man is in his 30's and so far I think he's a good catch, so I'm not surprised. What was surprising is why the engagement ended. She cheated on him with an acquaintance of his! AND, all of this took place less than a year ago! AHA! He has issues, too! This situation and how it really has affected him will reveal itself the longer we continue to date. He says that he has moved on...we'll see.
Blood Diamonds was GREAT!!!! A definite must see. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it yet.
Overall, I had a great weekend. How was yours?
Smooches :)
Day 5: Operation "Giving it up for God"
Personal Quote of the day: "If you don't treat me right while we're dating, then you're not worthy of being my friend when we stop. Don't kiss my forehead...kiss my ass!"
Thanks for all of your well wishes on my date. I had a spectacular time at the game on Friday. Of course, the Celtics lost. BOO! Sorry G.Mo! Hershey (dude I took to the game. This is his new name) was fresh to def and he smelled good, too. I'm definitely feeling his swagger . Gorgeous I tell you!
Friday night after getting an unnecessary phone call with drama attached, Hershey scooped me and we headed to the game. We rode seperately from my Mentor and her guy because I wanted to spend some uninterrupted "getting to know you" time with Hershey. Perfect Gentlemen...opened the door, dropped me off at the front of the TD Banknorth Garden (Fleet Center) while he found a parking spot, led me to our seat and then went back and got our refreshments. Who said chivalry was dead?!
Now this was cute: While we were in the car I told him that I wasn't eating anymore meat with the exception of Chicken and Fish. When were were walking through the stadium we were both commenting on how good the hot-dogs were smelling. I commented on how I really would love a hot-dog, but would settle on Chicken Fingers. Mind you, I said it with a pout. He came back with 2 orders of Chicken Fingers. I was shocked because I just knew he was getting a hot-dog because he had just said how he would like one, too. While handing me my food he said and I quote, "I didn't think it would be nice of me to eat a hot-dog in front of you when I know you really want one and can't eat it." :)
During the game we talked about his favorite sports teams and stuff like that. He thanked me profusely for inviting him especially since the seats were the bomb. 1 in Da Same, I don't think I got on TV. I mean, I didn't even get to dance on the Jumbotron. I know I'm corny...LOL! We ended the night after the game. I wasn't really feeling well. I've been sick lately with a sore throat and a cough. I wanted to go home and drink some Theraflu and get in the bed. So, he dropped me off at home, walked me to the door and promised to call soon.
***Saturday***
Early in the afternoon I made plans with my girl VP to do dinner later in the evening along with her other friend and an acquaintance of mine Nip/Tuck, she's a plastic surgeon. I know! I know a Plastic Surgeon. Never know when that may come in handy...LOL! I digress. Anyway, we decided to do Sushi and made tentative plans to either go to this Fundraising event or Blue Wave, a club. VP's sister's Firm was hosting the event, so her sister was going regardless and was suppose to text us to let us know if the atmosphere was something we would be interested in partaking in. Blue Wave was plan B.
After hanging up with her, I made me some Ramen Noodles, (yes, I still eat those. Plus, with this no Red Meat thing my options are limited...LOL!) and curled up with a book. I read the entire book in 2 hours... It was that good. It's a ghetto book by Wahida Clark titled, "Every Thug Needs A Lady". It's the second installment of a series of three. Ghetto, but entertaining and very well written. Honestly, I'll read just about anything. Speaking of books, I also just purchased, "Pursuit of Happiness." It's the book of the movie that Will Smith is in. It's a very inspiring story that I thought I'd rather read than see at the movies. I'm going to start on that tonight.
No sooner than I finish the book Hershey was ringing my phone. Imagine the surprise. I didn't think I would hear from him until Sunday or something. He was on his way to a Housewarming party and wanted to see if I was feeling better...awwww. I informed him of my plans and suggested he stop through where ever I ended up. He agreed and we hung up.
Dinner was great! Lively conversation. Good food mixed with a couple glasses of wine and I was cool. We decided on Blue Wave since VP's sister never called us...LOL! We figured she got caught up in her guy who accompanied her to the event. Didn't matter to me. I was feeling like R&B and Hip-hop anyway and not Networking and conversation...you feel me? So, I hit up Hershey and he said he'd meet me there. As a matter of fact, he beat me there. He was sitting down at a table right next to the dance floor when we walked in. He immediately took our drink orders while us girls got situated at the table. Right after we walked in his brother rolled through from his company's Christmas party. He's just as fine as Hershey, except he's about 6 feet or less and has a Caramel complexion without the bald head. They look just alike, though.
We danced for about a half an hour, then we posted up at the table laughing, talking about people and watching Nip/Tuck get her dance on. I swear, if I didn't know she was a doctor I would have thought she was a dancer in videos...LOL! At one point in the night when some Regga came on Nip/Tuck started Dutty Wining and pissed some girls off! LOL! If you don't know what that is You Tube it. Let me paint the picture, Nip/Tuck is about 5'9, Chocolate, wears a fade, and shapely...she's also from Ghana. Honestly, she's model beautiful. So, she's over there doing the dance swinging her head around in circles and getting a lot of attention. I must admit she looked really good doing the dance. Shiiiitttt. These two skank bitches caught wiff of all the attention she was getting and they started popping and shaking and throwing their heads in circles. Me and Hershey were damn near on the floor laughing...LOL! As a matter of fact one girl swung her head so hard she got dizzy and fell. What does she do???? Start popping on the floor. I was done after that...LOL! We bounced after they played my song, "Irreplaceable", but not before we made plans to see Blood Diamonds on Sunday.
***Sunday***
I started the day off with the Lord at the 8am service. My Cuz scooped me and we went to his church, Morning Star. I've visited twice over the last 3 years, but I haven't been since they built the new church. I was pleasently surprised. The sermon dealt with Joy and how to get it in your life. Needless to say, tears ran down my face throughout the entire sermon. I swear God knows how to talk to you.
After church, my cousin, this married couple and myself went over to JP to this diner called Serrellis...I may be spelling it wrong. Anyway, the food was great! Again, another day of lively conversation. I left there with an invite to the married couple's Christmas party this upcoming Saturday, which I accepted. They're originally from Memphis, in their early 30's, funny and she's a soror. So, I'm really looking forward to it. See, this is how I end up with so much stuff to do in Boston. I have several circles of friends, although occasionally there is some overlap amongst circles.
When I finally made it home I hoped I would be able to get a nap in. Wrong! Skinny G wanted to stop through and see something on my On Demand. Then, I talked to Hershey and he wanted to catch the 3:20 movie in Randolf and it was already 1. I said F it and chit-chatted with my roommate until I decided to change clothes.
Hershey came through looking so Fresh and so clean, again! It's been a minute since I've actually been out on a date with a man that met all of my physical specifications. So, excuse me if I keep repeating how handsome he is. I've been settling lately. Anyway, we had some more good conversation on the way to the movie theatre. You know, filling each other in on background information. For instance, he's been engaged. I mean the man is in his 30's and so far I think he's a good catch, so I'm not surprised. What was surprising is why the engagement ended. She cheated on him with an acquaintance of his! AND, all of this took place less than a year ago! AHA! He has issues, too! This situation and how it really has affected him will reveal itself the longer we continue to date. He says that he has moved on...we'll see.
Blood Diamonds was GREAT!!!! A definite must see. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it yet.
Overall, I had a great weekend. How was yours?
Smooches :)
Day 5: Operation "Giving it up for God"
Personal Quote of the day: "If you don't treat me right while we're dating, then you're not worthy of being my friend when we stop. Don't kiss my forehead...kiss my ass!"

14 Comments:
Sounds like you had a great weekend. Hershey sounds like a great dude. Enjoy it!
JJ: I am going to enjoy as long as I can with no expectations.
Text: As a matter of fact, I know about the Women's ministry. It meets on every other Thursday.
As a matter of fact, there are several people in these circles that are encouraging me in my faith. But, keep in mind I don't let everyone "in". So, a lot of people don't even know what I'm going through. Those that do, I think I'm encouraging them, too. My cousin, who I went to church with, has taken it upon himself to see that I emerge from this as the best person I can be with a better understanding of God and what God's purpose is for me. He and I had a very long conversation after breakfast sitting in front of my house. I didn't post about it because that conversation was too personal to me. I don't put everything out here.
Basically, I have support around me. And, what I'm lacking I realize will come as I continue to go to church. Baby steps...
*doing the Hercules! clap*
I'm so happy for you! Glad you had such a great weekend! *huggs*
" I swear God knows how to talk to you."
Yes, He does! Glad you caught a good message too. I think I enjoyed reading this almost as much as you enjoyed posting it.
So u was in the same club as Honey LIbra Saturday? They said they went to Blue Wave....
I am def gonna have to check out Blood Diamond....
AND WHY WERE WE IN THE SAME SPOT!!!! LOL...I'm soo upset that I didn't get to meet you..me and the roomie were posted up at the bar the whole night getting free drinks from men who were breathing on us LOL
BZ: I was smiling the entire time I wrote this. LOL! I just had a good weekend for a change.
Text: I might. I feel you, though.
Rob: LMAO! For the record, I didn't have any Boogie Men in my closet.
Missy: DOH!
Honey: That is too crazy. I was sitting opposite the bar by the windows at the table closes to the dance floor. Hershey went and got my drink, so I didn't even come near the bar. It got packed in there, too!
See, that's why I like to sit at the bar for the same reasons you mentioned. You charge them to order their drinks. Works every time...LOL!
I hope you had a good time!
I only fuxx with turkey dogs..
You can still eat hot dogs....
Damn, I'm jealous that you had a better weekend than mine.
I gotta get a life.
Damn, I'm jealous that you had a better weekend than mine.
I gotta get a life.
I'm new to your spot, but loved this post and had to comment. I'm glad you had a great weekend! Sounds like you had a lot of fun and with great company. That's always a plus.
BTW, I'm making a mental note of your quote of the day.
Nsane: Is that because Hotdogs aren't meat? LOL!
Hassan: This was an exceptional weekend. Not every weekend is great.
Synsational: Thanks for stopping by. I'll be by to check you out, too. Feel free to use the quote. I think I got it from a email forward I recieved about words from TD Jakes. I added the kiss my ass part :)
okay you weekend sounds superb but that last quote killed it!!
I try to tell my girls that very thing over and over again and they think i'm so cold hearted but i'm not, it's just the plain facts!!
I like that personal quote of the day.
Sounds like Hershey has potential. I like it, I like it.
Well damn.. that's fabulous :) and Ummmm Hahahaha @ that personal quote!
Post a Comment
<< Home