Friday, December 08, 2006

Balling

Guess where I'm going tonight????


To see the Celtics take on the Phoenix Sun's! Yep, I got tickets....Section 8, row 8! That's diagonal to the basket in the 8th row. Full court view. The bomb. How did I get these tickets you ask? I went to work yesterday. That's right. One of my co-workers had 4 tickets and asked if I wanted them. He purchased the tickets for a client and they won't be able to use them, so...The luck of the Irish.

I know you're wondering why I'm so excited to go to a Celtics game. It's not as if they are the best team. It's not even like I'm a huge basketball fan. I'm excited because I have a date tonight. See, I had this date planned since Tuesday. We were going to dinner and a movie. But now I get to take him to a B-Ball game for our 1st date! How cool am I looking right now?! I'm so corny.

He and I started talking at 1st Fridays at the Rack this past Friday. He's my girl Rachel's cousin. She's the girl I was in the picture with in that post about meeting Dwele. Anyway, I was first introduced to him at November's First Friday's. I was dating someone else, so I didn't really think much of it. But, now that I'm unattached, seeing him this past Friday sent signals to my ... you feel in the blank. LOL! Brother man is Tall: 6'4, Dark: Chocolate, Bald Head: Not too shiny, Sexy: Think Tyrese and he can cut a rug: We danced for 3 songs and laughed the entire time. He's educated, good job, involved in the community and not planning on staying in Boston, which is a plus in my book. Everyone knows I am on the first thing smoking out of Boston and the last thing I want to do is start a relationship with someone that is vested in staying here. I'm like Tom Cruise in Jerry McGuire...Whose coming with me! LOL!

As I mentioned I have 4 tickets, so I invited my Mentor/Friend/ Soror/Co-worker and her boyfriend to accompany us. They're both personable, talkative and friendly people that I think highly of and who think highly of me. I figured they would be the perfect people to help keep the date light and breezy while talking me up when needed and diverting attention if the date is unsuccesful. I also figure this would be a great networking opportunity for him and my peeps. His line of work aligns with what her boyfriend does. I'm always thinking strategically...

Wish me luck. All I'm hoping for is a good time. Nothing more, nothing less...

Oh yeah, I saw After 7 perform last night. Those brothers look GOOD! It was at this Partnership Alumni event and they were the guest performers. The Partnership is a Boston-based nonprofit dedicated to developing leadership potential in professionals of color and in increasing their representation in area businesses and institutions. You have to be sponsered by your company to attend the year long workshops, etc. It's a very positive organization that involves all of Boston's Black Professional crowd and it's supporters. Wednesday night was the culmination dinner for this year's participants, which included a few of my co-workers and my cousin. To give you an idea of the caliber of people involved...I was sitting at the table with the Chancellor of MIT, Dean of MIT, and the VP of another company. The energy in the room last night and the night before was amazing! I left there definitely inspired to be all I can be!

So, with that I leave wishing you a wonderful Weekend...

Smooches :)

Day 2: Operation "Giving it up for God"

20 Comments:

Blogger Pamalicious said...

alright nah lady! I also enjoying switching things up sometimes and throwing a curve ball in the dating game. Make sure you know some key players, lol

I had heard After 7 was performing. I need to read your blog this weekend and catch up on your journey.

6'4 eh? Tyrese (my baby daddy) eh? LIKING LIKING!

December 08, 2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

U SUCK AND I HOPE THE CELTICS LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn u move quick......hope this one works out...

NOw i see why i never get invited nowhere...

December 08, 2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Pam: I know enough to show interest, but I think I'll sit back and let him attempt to school me.

Thanks for reading...I appreciate that.

Missy: Just like a NEGROpino to be over there hating. LOL!

Girl, Life waits on no one and neither do I. I wasn't devastated that my last dating experience didn't work. I keeps it moving. I'm just blessed that I'm able to continously meet people and have dates on any given Sunday. Everyone doesn't have that luxury.

I'm curious to see why you think you never get invited anywhere...share...

December 08, 2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Have fun on your date. I think we are going to need some details after the weekend.

December 08, 2006 1:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You "sound" excited about this date... hopefully the Suns will have enough energy to play after the double OverTime thrilla against the Nets last night...I'll be looking for u in the crowd when I watch the game tonight...Enjoy !!

December 08, 2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Mz JJ: After these last few busts I'm not expecting nothing but a good time. Anyone that knows me knows that's what I like to have...

1: I'm slightly excited, but I'm always excited at the beginning. That's just me. I like the unknown, the newness of it all. My problem is that I get bored easily, hence my 30 day rule. When they make it past 30 days then I get real excited...LOL!

Rob: You did take it back!!! LOL!!! I'm blessed and highly favored Boo! :)

December 08, 2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Lol..@ Rob FTN is that cryptic for Fuck That Nucca!!! hahahahaha...

Enjoy your date Dy Dy...I used to love going on dates...Oh wait Now I can..Hmm No I can't Slasher" YES YOU CAN!!! Slish" No man not gonna be able t do it" Slasher slaps Slish " Nigga you goin out TONAUUUUUGHT"

See what I go through..

December 08, 2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO @ Slish as he battles with the Slasher....The Slasher is ready to reign !!

December 08, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger G. Mo said...

Being a true Celtics I'm real jealous right now. Then with the Phoenix Suns being my second favorite team in the league playing them tonight, you just added insult to injury. Take some good pics or grab a souvenir Paul Pierce bobblehead. At least come back to blog world and make a brotha feel like he was at the game or somethin'...

December 08, 2006 6:09 PM  
Blogger BK said...

ooooh g. mo would love to be in your shoes right now!!!

have fun.. and you are hella cool taking that man on a date to a celtics game.. *just hope he like basketball*

LOL

December 08, 2006 7:59 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I saw After 7 perform earlier this year. They definitely put on a good show. Hope you enjoy the game.

December 08, 2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger POPS said...

that game was mad fun. but of course, they took an L. at least the boos that youkilis got were hilarious!

December 09, 2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I'm late but love the new template!!!

December 09, 2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger -_- said...

Wow...After 7 is still kicking around? Dang!
And basketball games are great!!

December 09, 2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger TTD said...

loving the new look!

hope you have fun on your date.... i wish i could get free great tickets like that!

December 10, 2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Dynasty this is why

You have to be sponsered by your company to attend the year long workshops,

My job aint sponsoring me.

December 11, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I know I'm late reading this so I hope you had an AWESOME weekend!

December 11, 2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger Lāā said...

Hi Dynasty!

Wow, that's a good date. You definitely have to score cool points with him for taking him to the game. Let us know how it turned out. He sounds like a nice looking man, looking like Ty

December 11, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Missy: Look into it you never know...

December 11, 2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Hope you had lots of fun...too bad we didn't get to hang out...he sounds delish though LOL..I see why you hopped on it...

December 11, 2006 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com