Money Christmas
It seems like just yesterday it was the 4th of July and now all of a sudden Christmas is rearing its ugly little head. Before you get all up in arms, I love the notion of Christmas. You know... the birth of Baby Jesus and all. I love the fresh blanket of snow that usually falls on Christmas Eve, the Christmas Carols and the looks of pure joy on kids faces Christmas morning when they see presents under the tree because they truly believe Santa Clause put them there.
What I don't like is how everyone is made to feel like they should break the bank for this one particular day. Is the gift giving amongst adults really sincere or do people give because they feel like they have to because they know so and so is going to get them something? That's not giving from the heart, that's giving out of necessity. In my opinion, you might as well not give. It takes the joy out of what Christmas is suppose to be about.
We've become a society of "I better get", as opposed to, "I hope I get or it would be nice to receive". Better yet, "I know so and so needs this, I think I'll get it for them". Yeah, right! Case in point...Last night I heard my roommate on the phone talking to one of her friends about what she BETTER get for Christmas from so and so. Are you serious? At a certain age you should stop calling each other asking, "What did you get for Christmas?" Ummm...Usually around 15...
At some point Christmas has to become about the kids. This and every Christmas I go spend crazy and spoil my daughter and my nephews. The kids! Even though, I grew up in a household where my mother instilled in us that Christmas is whatever day you make it. You shouldn't regulate yourself to giving or doing for others on one particular day and you shouldn't be crushed if you don't get something for Christmas. I might not get anything on December 25th, but it was Christmas when she paid my car note ever month until my car was paid off while I was in college. It's Christmas every time I go home to visit and she sneaks $500 in my purse when I?m not looking just because she feels I never ask her for anything. It's Christmas everyday that she takes care of my daughter while I try to make a dollar out of 15 cents. You feel me. Christmas is everyday that I wake up!
So, is it the end of the world if you don't get anything for Christmas? I highly doubt it.
Remember to give and be thankful for what you get EVERYDAY!
Smooches :)
What I don't like is how everyone is made to feel like they should break the bank for this one particular day. Is the gift giving amongst adults really sincere or do people give because they feel like they have to because they know so and so is going to get them something? That's not giving from the heart, that's giving out of necessity. In my opinion, you might as well not give. It takes the joy out of what Christmas is suppose to be about.
We've become a society of "I better get", as opposed to, "I hope I get or it would be nice to receive". Better yet, "I know so and so needs this, I think I'll get it for them". Yeah, right! Case in point...Last night I heard my roommate on the phone talking to one of her friends about what she BETTER get for Christmas from so and so. Are you serious? At a certain age you should stop calling each other asking, "What did you get for Christmas?" Ummm...Usually around 15...
At some point Christmas has to become about the kids. This and every Christmas I go spend crazy and spoil my daughter and my nephews. The kids! Even though, I grew up in a household where my mother instilled in us that Christmas is whatever day you make it. You shouldn't regulate yourself to giving or doing for others on one particular day and you shouldn't be crushed if you don't get something for Christmas. I might not get anything on December 25th, but it was Christmas when she paid my car note ever month until my car was paid off while I was in college. It's Christmas every time I go home to visit and she sneaks $500 in my purse when I?m not looking just because she feels I never ask her for anything. It's Christmas everyday that she takes care of my daughter while I try to make a dollar out of 15 cents. You feel me. Christmas is everyday that I wake up!
So, is it the end of the world if you don't get anything for Christmas? I highly doubt it.
Remember to give and be thankful for what you get EVERYDAY!
Smooches :)

13 Comments:
What I love about Christmas is the food and the music. My parents are from the Caribbean so it is always more about the food that the presents. Plus, this year my friends and I are donating money to a woman's shelter instead of buying each presents. We have been doing something like that for 3 years and it works out so much better. I hate wasting time shopping.
AMEN! And well said!
high five ma.. my kids learned early that christmas isn't all about the gifts although I would love to give them everything LOL
but you ain't never lied.. can I borrow yo momma so she can pay my car note until its paid off and make it a double extra special christmas with sprinkles on top everyday for me?? :)
as adults only gifts I buy are for my mother, and significant other.. maybe 1 or 2 of my friends but I don't expect anything in return..
for the kids.. my children, and my nieces and nephew.. that's it.. anybody else.. you get a card if that :)
ok i absolutely could not read this post with the green over brown....
but im sure it was a good read...
I agree with you BUT I betta get something for Christmas *hmpf* LOL!
JJ: That sounds like a good idea...
Textbook: You always stop by a drop a bit of upliftment...keep it up!
BZ: Thanks! *Cheesing from ear to ear*
BK Diva: Don't let the smooth taste fool you. My Mother is unexpectedly nice when she wants to be...LOL! I love her anyway! We teach my daughter the same thing. But, she's still spoiled rotten. A diva in the making.
Know One: I am over here trying to redo my blog with a new template. LOL!
RD: You sound like my roommate! LOL!
Man, I'm feeling your sentiment on the so-called holiday season thingee.
As a non-believer, I think it has to get back to the actual value of giving and how/why as opposed to just doing it to be doing it and breaking one's self just to do so. I remember countless Januarys thru Marchs where we didn't have jack on the shelves as a little kid because Ma and Pop dukes went overboard trying to please the whole damn family.
I love how you recognize it. That's what's up sis. And, you'll get a treat. Karma is a mutha, and it pays like a pick 3 lotto ticket when you deserve to gat a lil sumthin - not a million dollars, but enough to enjoy for the moment.
I agree with you..Let it be for the kids !!
I like the new look here.
Dayum you sound like ME!!!! Da hell you been smokin!!!
Looks like someone got an upgrade.lol I like I like....
Umm by the way you better get me dem lime green gators for christmas..
Like the new design.
I actually embrace the giving side of Christmas. I like seeing peoples reaction when they get a gift from me. Making others happy is one of the better part of the holidays for me.
BTW, I will respond to your e-mail soon.
Love the new look....
I don't participate in nothing Christmas, but the food...
Its all for Kaeven....bad ass...
Hassan: Thanks for stopping through! See, that's what I'm talking about. I see it too many times where people go broke!
1: Thanks Babe...
Slish: You rubbing off on me! Man, I thought you were more of a purple Gator person!
Organized: That's what it's suppose to be about. Not gimme, gimme, gimme.
Nsane: Thanks! Kaeven is a cutie...
Im not celebrating Xmas this year....all the kids shit i got out the way and I could care less if I get anything. Im do like I do on Halloween, sit in the dark, lock the doors, and HIDE.......
I know u gonna spoil Lil Ms Diva. Are u going home for Xmas?
Post a Comment
<< Home