Thursday, December 07, 2006

What Are You Willing To Give Up?

Today marks the 1st day of 30 that I will not eat meat. That includes Beef, Pork, Turkey, Duck, and all the other stuff that I eat, but don't really know what group it falls into. The exceptions are Chicken and Fish. I'm trying to keep it realistic.

Why am I all of a sudden giving up something I absolutely love? TO BE ABLE TO HEAR GOD! And, as an added benefit I'll get healthier in the process.

Anyone that knows me knows that I am a very Spiritual person who unequivocally believes. I believe and have faith because only through Him am I here today. I believe that we aren't living this life for earth and earthly things. Although, I am human and tend to get caught up in them from time to time. But even that isn't a problem if you take everything you do and everything you have and work in the name of God. Acknowledge Him. You know, you have a lot of clothes...give to the homeless. You have a lot of money, tithe. There is something 'Supernatural" that we need to take notice of. If something bad happens to me...It's God teaching me something. If something good happens to me...It's God blessing me. Everything in my life is as a result of God mixing my kool-aid. The problem is that I don't always listen to His signs and signals.

I watch Joel Osteen every Sunday. For those of you that may not be familiar with him, he's a preacher out of Houston. His ministry is televised on the Family channel if you ever want to catch it. Be forewarned that Joel is a white man. It doesn't matter to me, but that might matter to some. Anyway, last week's sermon was about listening to God. Being still and letting God direct your paths. Then it hit me that, that's my problem. I don't listen. I don't know how to listen, which is an even greater problem. I want to be able to implement my favorite verse in the bible Proverbs 3: 5-6, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.

I'm told that when you are faced with a decision and you get uneasiness in your spirit or a flutter in your stomach that's God telling you not to do it, or don't go, or something isn't right. A lot of us brush that off and let our heads tells us to proceed when our spirit is telling us not to. I want to be able to discern that. I want to be at a point in my life where I take all my decisions to Him, leave them for Him and then just listen. Even things as small as whom I should date. That way when I pray about something and I feel peace about it I can move forward in confidence and no I?m making the right decisions. I'm tired of making the same mistakes;I'm tired of second guessing myself. You know what I mean? The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result. I?m not insane.

So, I'm taking a different approach. I'm giving up something I love to get something I need...clarity. I say 30 days, but if I'm lucky I'll be able to forgo it for the rest of my life. Some may say, why not wait until the 1st? The spirit moved me to start today and today I shall. Overall, I just want to be the best person I can be. I'm a better person than I was 2 years ago, but I'm not operating at my best. Hell, I just cursed a few no-name broads out yesterday. I want my natural inclination to be to love in the mist of hate. You feel me?


Let the Journey Begin..


Smooches :)

13 Comments:

Blogger Pamalicious said...

Hi - I am new over here but this post struck me. I am on day 7 of giving up ALL land meats - I never did eat pork, but I'm giving up everything else that walks the earth (thereby I am eating fish)and it also is about getting closer to God.

It's been 7 days and I need me a chicken wing bad. DAMN SLAVEMASTER! Got me hooked, lol lol lol

I will be kinji'ing you I likes!

December 07, 2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger BK said...

Hey ma!!! I did this last friday.. mine weren't spiritual reasons but then again health is always spiritual LOL

we are on the journey together!!!

You can do it!!!

December 07, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger G. Mo said...

Proverbs 3: 5-6 is my favorite text in the Bible as well. God has blessed me in more ways than I can count. The thing is, he never stopped talking to me. I just had to take time to listen and then eliminate things in my life that were bringing me down. In listening and making sacrifices, I regained my focus and am now at peace with decisions that need to made on a daily basis. Keep the faith in your walk.

December 07, 2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Girl u are better than me.....I need meats in my life.....are u gonna keep a journal besides this one to check your progress....have u weighed yourself yet? i hope the end result is what u wanted. :) Good Luck.

December 07, 2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Pamalicious: Thanks for stopping by. I'll have to check you out. I tried to keep it real and start with the red meat first...LOL! I don't know what I would do without at least Chicken and fish!

BK: Yes we can!!!!

G: That's why when you wrote that post the other day I told you I need that. I read that and took it to heart. You seem to be walking down a path I've tried to walk in the past. This time I want to do it seriously. I know he talks to me everyday, but because my mind and spirit is clouded with so much BS I can't see the forest because of the Trees...You feel me?

Reading your post was part of my motivation to become a vessel.

Missy: This will be the journal. Ever since I started blogging I stopped writing in my journal...even though I don't write everything on here.

I weigh 140. Hopefully cutting out meats will give me the energy I need to get back in the gym. I love my weight, but I want to 140 of more muscle than fat.

December 07, 2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I feel you!! Been here before...great exercise of faith, trust, and commitment to getting closer to Him. You're in my prayers Momma!

December 07, 2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

I LOVE this post! I'm so glad to see you doing this. I fast from meat at least once a year for 40 days. It does help.

"We can never have enough of what we don't need; because, what we don't need will never satisfy us." You know what you need. That's the first step. You're making strides to work toward it. That's the next. You're on your way.

December 07, 2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

i applaud you on this...i'm kind of with missy on needing meat in my life....or do i...well i want meat in my life

i know you can complete this journey so i won't wish you luck...i'll simply say congratulations on your success...






ps...U R CRAZY....LOL

December 07, 2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

thank god...alcohol isn't meat....ok I'm done being silly :)

December 07, 2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger G. Mo said...

I'm glad I was able to motivate somebody in a positive way... ha ha

email address???? I don't have yours

tag me on mine

December 07, 2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with that for real..I watch Joel on Sunday he is very enlightening...and he delivers his messages in a way that even the newest of Christians can digest it. I applaud you for taking that step, Good luck again !!

December 07, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I gave up read meat a little more than 6 months ago. That sacrifice was definitely worth it. The last six months have been the most interesting in a long time and have lead me to a very interesting revelation. Good luck.

December 07, 2006 5:57 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Roycee: Thanks!

Text: I love that you stop by with encourging words all the time. I'm going to church with my cousin on Sunday, I read my bible last night and pray all the time...Thanks!

BZ: That is a very true quote and I'm tired of not being satisfied. Everything is going good, but I want the best!'

Know 1: Thanks! You just figuring out that I'm crazy?! LOL!

Rob Mack: Stick to acting because comedy is NOT your thing...LOL!

1: Thanks! I love him. More people should tune in.

Organized: Hmmm...interested in hearing what this revelation is???

December 08, 2006 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com