Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year...Week!

I couldn't say just Happy New Year anymore since the 1st passed already.

I hope all is well in the Blogshere. I haven't had the opportunity to really check out any blogs. I'm sure I have a lot to catch up on, though. I can only imagine...LOL!

How was my Holiday? I never thought you'd ask...Well....

For starters, my daughter is doing wonderfully! I took her clothes shopping and she could barely fit a size 14 in kids jeans. One pair of jeans I bought her were a size 2 in womens. She is definitely built like her MaMa on what will be a 5'7 or 8 frame. I mean, the girl is nearly my height with a size 8 foot! Damn, kids grow up fast. I can't even imagine having a daughter that's taller than me. But, what can I expect? Her dad is 6'6!

This trip I reconnected with so many people from Highschool. Christmas Eve I ran into my boy Charles at Chromium, who put me in touch with Water. Water was one of my best friends and we lost contact around 2001 or 02. So, I was ecstatic that he and her still keep in touch. I called her as soon me and my Line Sister left Chromium headed to The Dragon Room. She knew who I was as soon as I spoke. We hooked up on Friday after Christmas to shoot the shit and catch up. Damn I miss my girl. While I was at The Dragon Room I ran into Monnie. Her mother and my mother were bestfriends back in the day. They still keep in touch, but don't hang like that anymore. Anyway, Monnie and I became friends and then ended up at the same high school. I haven't seen her since the late 90's, I think. So, imagine my surprise to run into her. See, this type of stuff makes me miss Chicago and makes me want to hurry up and move back. I get all homesick and what not.

While in Chicago I also went to see Dre.am G.irls with my boy J. I must admit that I was captivated by the quasi-musical. Jen.ni.fer Hud.son got a standing O and Be.yonce got applause after she sang Listen. It was a really good movie, but I have to be honest...J. Hud.son brought the movie to life....her and E.d.d.i.e M. Without those two the movie wouldn't have been half as good. I recommend you all check it out if you haven't already.

Saturday I hooked up with my girl Shorty Doo-Wop and went to a Mafia Party. I had a ball! I am definitely throwing my own Mafia Party in Boston. I'm thinking Feburary 3rd. I'll have to synchronize my watch with my roommate to make sure she's available. I know some of you are wondering what a Mafia Party is... Basically, some people are Mafia, some people are Citizens, one person is the Sheriff and another person is the Doctor. The Mafia are trying to kill the Citizens, the Sheriff and the Doctor. The Citizens, the Sheriff and the Doctor are trying to find out who the Mafia is and kick them out the village. Nobody knows who is what. It's a lot of fun. I can't stress that enough. Anywhere between 15 and 30 people can play at once and each game takes about an hour. So, I'm going to be the "narrator" or "moderator" and throw the party. This should be a blast! I'll keep you posted.

New Year's Eve....(drum roll please).... was WACK!

I spent NYE in the bed doped up on medicine. That's right. I was in the house sick. I couldn't even get out the bed and I had a 9 o'clock flight the next morning. I was so pissed! Oh well, there will be others. Let's just hope that old saying isn't true because I'll be damned if I spend my year in the house missing out on all the fun!

I made it back to Boston Monday afternoon sick as a dog. I slept the entire day and took medicine. I went to work Tuesday, but I dont know how I made it through the day. I had a stuffy head, sore throat, phlem all in the chest, with a stuffy nose and my entire body ached. So, yesterday I stayed home and layed on the couch all day and slept. Every time I woke up I drank a glass of OJ and went back to sleep. I ate a bowl of soup at about 6 in the evening and went back to sleep. I woke up this morning with my head in a Nyquil box! LOL! I will admit I feel better though. Much better! Good enough to finally write.

Oh, yeah...All I ate was Chicken the entire trip. As a matter of fact, all I've eaten since the 1st is veggies and fruit. I could use a juicy steak, though. LOL!

So, how was your holiday? Wait, don't tell me...I'll be by your spot to see...

Smooches :)

****Addition 1/5/07****

Last night I finalized all the details for my Mafia party that I described above. It will be Feburary 3rd at 9pm in Boston. If any of you can make it, let me know and I'll send you the evite. I would love for you all to come!

15 Comments:

Blogger Pamalicious said...

Happy 2007! Welcome back to the blogsphere - we saved you a seat at the head table :)

I want to think that I can still hang but I think me and most folks had one moment of nothingness this New Years and one moment of sickness, lol The rabbit getting old dear!

Welcome back and my daughter is 5'1 and just moved into a young adult (cause I refuse to say ladies) 5 NEITHER one of us is happy since she got a 23 inch waist - heifer, lol

January 05, 2007 8:12 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Hey chica..i was wondering what happened but i figured u went to U...I went to teh city for New Years, broke my glasses, passed out....i still had fun though. I was wondering da hell was a Mafia Party.....thats SUper BOwl weekend too ....

January 05, 2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Pam: Thanks! I thought I had lost my seat...LOL! I'm never getting old...dammit! I'm like fine wine, I get better with age :)

Missy: The Superbowl will be during the day and my party at night. Just RSVP! Besides, what's the likelihood that the Patriots are going? Seriously, cuz I don't know...LOL!

I read about your mishap...poor baby!

January 05, 2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

How dare u shun my PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

January 05, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger TTD said...

wont make it on 2/3.. so have fun for me!! but me & gtl are coming up in april for missy's birthday.. so make sure we see u :-)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

January 05, 2007 1:57 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Happy New Year!!

Congrats on keeping up with the cleansing diet.

Your daughter and my niece are the same way. I saw her this Christmas and she was almost looking me in the eye and when we went shopping she wears a size zero/size two. And she is ten!

January 05, 2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Glad your daughter is doing well..she sounds like she is going to be talllllll LOL...aight not that tall LOL...it's funny how lots of people were sick during or around new years..hmm what's up with that...dang if I was in Boston I'd be there that sounds kinda interesting..I'm ready to go home...Have a wonderful weekend.

January 05, 2007 4:41 PM  
Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

Give me a reason to get to Beantown (other than seeing a certain NegroPino)

And you visited without looking the Blackwatch up?


Hmmph.

January 05, 2007 6:48 PM  
Blogger La Diva Latina said...

Happy New Year!

*SIGH* I understand to well how fast daughters grow..my oldest is 11 and everywhere we went this holiday season folks was telling me and her to stand back to back. Her feet are even bigger than mines already!It goes way too fast..
Mafia Party sounds FUN!

January 06, 2007 3:30 PM  
Blogger BK said...

welcome to my world.. I think our daughters are around the same age LOL so yup.. that's it.. :) enjoy LOL

happy new year

January 06, 2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger NeenaLove said...

mafia is the BEST!!!!

January 07, 2007 5:41 PM  
Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

Oh no, you were sick on NYE?

THAT SUCKS!!!!

Glad you're better though!

Dammit I still haven't seen DreamGirls.

Fuckaroni.

January 07, 2007 9:02 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

Bout time you picked the keyboard up and typed..... Sorry you you got ILL...Hope you get back to 100%....Can't make the Mafia party thats right b4 my bday.

January 08, 2007 11:00 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

YAY! I'm glad you had a good vacation - NYE aside. We missed you! And, I know what you mean. When I was in college and when I lived in VA, every time I went home and saw my peoples, it made me that much more homesick. We love having you hear. But we know you need to do what makes you happy.

January 08, 2007 3:00 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Missy: I'm on the bandwagon...LOL!

TTD: Look me up. My b-day is in April, too...so, I'll be celebrating all month (if I'm in town).

rob: Get you mind out the gutter!

Text: As a matter of fact, I have. :)We're still working some things out, though.

Miz JJ: Mine's is 11, so I know what you mean.

Honey: This won't be the last party. So, you can make the next one. I'll give more advance notice.

Hassan: Please forgive me :) I send my deepest apologies...

Curly: That's what I'm saying! She's going to be taller than me easily.

BK: Same to you!

Neena: Thanks for stopping by! I'm addicted to Mafia...LOL!

Mistress: Check it out. It was very entertaining and the singing was great by all!

Know One: Girl, when I go home I cut myself off from anything not dealing with Chicago...LOL! Anything planned for your b-day?

BZ: I missed you all, too! I always do...LOL! It's weird, though. When I go home I get home sick, but after about a week it's time to go!

January 08, 2007 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com