Thursday, January 18, 2007

Taking a Big Breath

I got to before I start this post. It has been almost a week since I really wrote anything. Work has had a sistah staying late at the office and not really finding time to blog. Then after work I always have something to do leaving me tired when I make it home. So, bare with me because this may be a long post.

Here goes nothing...

***Weekend in Review***

Me and Hershey spent Friday evening together. My friend, Netflix, sent me some more movies. This time we watched a Woody Allen movie, Crimes and Misdemeanors. FYI: Woody Allen is one of my favorite directors and I think he's a great actor. As a matter of fact, I just recieved one of his classics, Annie Hall. I can't wait to watch that with Hershey...who is slowly becoming my movie buddy...LOL! While we watched movies we ate take out from Outback. He is spoiling me with the simple gestures. After we finished our meal and as I was putting my fork down he asks if he can take my plate. Cool. So, he grabs my plate and his plate leaving his hands full. So, I'm thinking to myself that I'll just grabs the glasses. You know, help. He gave me the dirtiest look. Of course, I called him on it. I'm like, "You're mad that I helped aren't you?" He responds, "Oh, you could tell?" Me, "Yes, I caught your look." Him, "I told you I had this. Let me handle things." OOOOKKKK. A girl could get used to this...LOL! Although, the devil on my shoulder is telling me not to get too excited because something has to be wrong. Right? I mean, I've always been told that if something is too good to be true it usually is. I will admit that one problem has reared it's ugly little head though....SICK.LE CE.LL! We can't have kids. He has the disease and I carry the trait. We've brushed the topic and decided to continue getting to know one another. If the spirit moves us toward commitment then we'll re-evaluate it then. Truth be told I'm okay without having any more kids naturally. Been there, done that and have a daughter. So, I'm cool adopting. Hershey is another story. He wants to father a child or he at least always thought he would. So, it's one day at a time. Although, as the weeks pass we are talking more and spending more and more time together. :)

Anyway... we watched the above mentioned movie and Dog Day Afternoon. Well, Dog Day watched us because he and I both dozed off on his sofa...LOL!

Saturday, my roommate and I ordered pizza, bought a few bottles of wine and watched The Lake House. Thanks Netflix! That was a really good movie and the concept was brillant. I suggest that movie to all the ladies out there. I won't even attempt to explain how 2 people 2 years apart can fall in love...you'll have to watch it and see.

Sunday, after lounging around the house all day I finally got up the energy to hit the streets. I was the only person in the country that had to work on MLK's b-day, so the streets were popping. I grabbed my roommate and we did the damn thing. I had a blast...as usual. I love hanging out with my peeps. So much love between us. After the club, me and my boy B hit an after hours Chinese joint. Either the food was really good or I was really full on liquor, cuz that shit was great! Liquor loosens the lips and I ended up telling him how I felt about his relationship. Let me give you some background on me and B's friendship. He is one of my best male friends in the world. I have been knowing him since I've been in Boston and we just bonded like that. I have his best interest at heart and him mine. So, I wasn't throwing shade, it was concern. See, B is 30 and he is actively seeking marriage. He has made it known to our crew that if his girl sticks around to the year mark he's going to make that move. He's a serial monogamous and most of his relationships fizzle after 6 months. Now, his girl is okay looking, great personality, educated, good job...the works, yet there is something about her that doesn't sit right. There is something about their relationship that doesn't register. I can't put my finger on it, but I did express my concern. Mind you it wasn't unwarranted. He brought the topic up. I just told him how I felt. He has done the same to me in the past and he was on the money. Besides, he knows it came from the heart and not out my ass. So, we'll see what happens.

***The Slave Quarters...The J.O.B***

Work has been kicking my azz! I am up to my armpits in projects. But, I love it! I haven't left work before 7 every day this week. And, the only reason I left at that time is because I had plans afterward. Please don't let me turn into a workaholic. :( Not a good look.

I did have a positive on the work front, though. One of the Sales Managers called me up Tuesday and asked me if my career aspirations were still the same because she is about to start lobbying to get a position created and she thinks I would be great for it. And, it's doing what I've been working so hard to break into! Here was the best part of the conversation: She asked me if I would move back to Chicago to do it!!! LOL! God is good...all the time! This conversation coupled with the conversation I just had with my boss... Man! So, we'll see what happens. I will definitely keep you guys posted...

Oh yeah, I went out to eat with Red Fez Wednesday. He's cool as hell. We had good conversation, a few laughs...nothing big.

Now, I'm sitting over my boy G's house, washing clothes and watching "How to be a Player"...Classic.

Until next time...

Smooches :)

13 Comments:

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

WOW....sounds like you had a week that lasted longer than a week LOL. Anywho I def feel ya on the feeling tha something is too good..I wrote about that the other day. I also understand what you mean by just letting things happen then re-evaluating cause you just gotta roll with the punches (so cliques lol) but you're happy now and that's what matters. God always works things out even when we dont' think things are turning around...have a great weekend!!!!

January 19, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

umm the hell my comment go, lol....

January 19, 2007 12:11 PM  
Blogger BK said...

LOL.. the days of being a busy bee.. LOL you will be fine.

just have a bite of hershey I mean a good time with hershey LOL

January 19, 2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Hersey sounds fantastic...just keep your best eye on him and I am sure all will be ok. Dont think to much about the future as long as Gods got it nothing is impossible.

I hope this weekend turns out to be as fun as the last Momma!! Oh and I loved Lake House...beautiful story!

January 19, 2007 2:34 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Hershey sounds like a sweetie. I know the SC can seem like a barrier, but do not let that be the dealbreaker.

Food always tastes better when you are drunk.

January 19, 2007 2:56 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Honey: Preach sistah. I'm just going with the flow. But, we've agreed that when either one of us decides we are ready to take it further we will have to make some hard decisions that are no going back on. You know...what if he says he can handle it, then i don't want him changing his mind.

Knowone: Did you find it, yet?

Bk D: I am fiegning (sp) for some Hershey, but I'm going to wait and just enjoy looking at and smelling it... LOL!

Rob: Me and my roommate was looking for you! What scene is it? Let me
find out you're on YouTube! LOL!

Look, I can give you a hard time...okay!

Royce: I like that...Keep your best eye on him.

He and I are suppose to go to the movies tonight and then the Jamie concert tommorrow and I'm hanging with my cuz Sunday, so my weekend is pretty full!

Mz JJ: That's the advice his brother gave him, too.

January 19, 2007 3:57 PM  
Blogger TTD said...

u've been busy... i hope u get that position...

*keeping my fingers crossed for you*

January 20, 2007 11:07 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

So u got a man now or what? :) either way IM happy for u at least that goest o show there are some good men left in Boston....

My weekend was BLAH!!! I didnt do anythign i wanted but I got a nice new COach bag. So im content.

January 22, 2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Man, I'm all late! Glad that week went well for you. May God keep you in His plans for this new opportunity! I know how much you miss home. And to break into what you really want makes it even better! Hershey sounds like a good dude. Take your time and just let the good times roll, lady! I'm just as guilty of "waiting for the bomb to drop". But, have faith that there might just not be a bomb this time! :-)

*huggs*

January 22, 2007 11:31 AM  
Blogger SynSational said...

Man, I'm really late on this.

I'm glad you're still enjoying your company with Hershey. One day at a time, one day at a time. He seems like such a gentleman, that's mad cool.

Also, keepin my fingers crossed for you on that Chicago move.

January 22, 2007 1:02 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

no i did not find it, lol

January 23, 2007 9:48 AM  
Blogger Vengeance said...

hey i'm new to ur spot i was just browsing thru. i love ur page layout. it's sooo tasty!LOL... i'm happy ur enjoy ur gentlman friend. he sounds great! i hope it all works out. good luck with chicago.

January 23, 2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

TTD: Thanks!

Missy: The jury is still out. I just posted an update to our situation.

BZ: Girl I don't know. The bomb may drop and the suspense is killing me.

Syn: Thanks!

Victory: Thanks for stopping by!

January 23, 2007 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com