Thursday, April 27, 2006

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise...

That's what I experienced today when the receptionist at my company called me up and said that I had a beautiful plant waiting in the lobby for me. Immediately, a huge kool-aid grin spread across my face as I walked/ran to the lobby to see who sent me this plant. What could it be? What kind of plant could it be? I have never received a plant before and the last time I received flowers, my Ex sent them and it was the ugliest old-fashionest (I probably just made that word up) flower arrangement I had ever seen. I was extremely disappointed because a few days before he had asked me what my favorite flower was and I specificaly told him Lilies. I didn't even specify a particular kind of Lily. I kept it real broad. If all else fails I'll settle for Roses. I should have known the relationship was destined for failure when that Negro didn't listen...I digress...

So, imagine my surprise when I rounded the corner and laid my eyes on the prettiest potted Easter Lilies I have ever seen. Two of the flowers are fully bloomed and the other two are waiting to come to life. As I approached the desk I could smell the fragrance pouring out of the Lilies. The receptionist was beaming from ear to ear telling me how beautiful they were and how someone must really like me, etc. I tuned her ass out because I was still trying to figure out who could have sent this beautiful gift. I open the card and as I read the the card my eyes immediately started to well-up. They were from the guy I was texting in the previous post Necessary Evil...

See, I received some bad news yesterday and I was extermely down and sad. I didn't get the job in Miami. That's another post. I'll talk about that when the steam stops coming out of my ears every time I think about it. He knew how important that job was to me and he tried his hardest to make me feel better about the situation. He was very attentive, apologetic (as if it was his fault) and understanding to my foul mood and deflated ego. I guess he decided to take it one step further and give me the boost my heart needed after such disappointment...I am extremly appreciative.

I know some of you are thinking...all he did was send you flowers...what's the big deal....you just mentioned you got flowers from your Ex. That's not the point. The point is that it was unexpected. The point is that when he woke up this morning or went to bed last night I was on his mind. Effort. It's the simple, unexpected, sincere things that bring a smile to my face. Things like remembering my favorite movie, color, or making me something from the heart and in this case sending me flowers to brighten my day when I feel like my parade has been rained on...

So, Text (that's the name I'll give him) if you're reading this (I recently gave him the link) THANK YOU! It really brightened my day!

Smooches :)

***Addition***
Thanks to my favorite Blogger for the funny and cute Hallmark E-card. That helped me end my day with a brighter smile than it started with...

12 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Slish said...

I don't know Dy Dy..sounds like he purchased a coochie coupon to me...lol Just kidding ..Enjoy them CAUSE THEY GONNA DIE SOON!!!! lol

April 27, 2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger The_Practitioner said...

For a change, Imma have to agree with Slish on both counts. Sounds like a coochie coupon to me and yes flowers die. What a bad investment. But I know why women love them and I know that its the thought that counts. Me, I prefer to give panties to a woman. It's close to your body and makes you think of me when you wear them. ;o)

April 27, 2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

@ Slish & Serial: Stop hating...These are my favorite!!! Hopefully, since the flowers are potted they will last a little longer. And, no he will not get a coochie coupon...it takes more than some flowers for that, fellas...LOL! I like the underwear idea, but imagine how the receptionist would have reacted if she had to sign for some panties...LOL!

April 27, 2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

lmoaf...Thats my blogger boy right thuur...

April 27, 2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Awwwwww that was so sweet...men fail to realize how much a simple gesture can impact a person entire day.

So ummmmm, I'm saying...ummmmm you interested in him or what? (or was I not supposed to ask that since he is reading the blog now LOL!!) I agree, don't be giving that cat no coochie coupons (pretty girls don't do that shyt...well not regularly anyway Ha!) it was just flowers GAWD!!!

But um kind gestures add up after awhile so lets say he continues with the thoughtful and kind gestures...is ya'll gone do it? J/K

LMAO!!!

April 27, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Thats so sweet.

April 27, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

@ R. Daughter: Girl you are too much! LOL! We aren't even in the same state, so I'm going to let God handle this one.Although, I am going to visit in 2 weeks (((blushing))). If he keeps it up he might get more than a coochie coupon ;-)

@ Nsane: I know. I told him a while ago...what you do to get her, you got to do to keep her!

April 27, 2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

SO......there are some decent brothas out there........FLowers always brighten up my day..I astill ahve the flowers my bayb sent to my job over a year ago.....

April 28, 2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

aww thats so sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.....all lguys should take note...pay attention to the lil things, that goes so far with us...

sorry about the job ma....just know that something brighter and better is waiting for you...it just wasnt meant to be....*hugs*

ps the ex should nto have asked if he was gonna do what ever the hell he wanted to do....

April 28, 2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

@No1special: Thanks for the hug :) I believe that everything happens in it's divine order, so I'm letting go and letting God...no biggie. I'm going to write about it soon...

April 28, 2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

It'll get GREATER later!!!!!!!I was so looking forward to u moving to Miami though cuz i was gonna tear it up

April 28, 2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

@ Robert: It can start with flowers and end with flowers, so I'm taking it slow...

@ MNB: Oh, I'm going to MIA...don't trip. We'll be down there kicking soon enough. I just won't be working for this job...

April 28, 2006 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com